Any way to speed up chime sound on Nest mini (or Homepod Mini) after pressing Nest Doorbell?

Hi all!

I have the simplest use case (and flow) running which is:

alias: Chime
description: Ringklockan
trigger:
  - platform: device
    device_id: 7a8ab104dd7f821ed550459ad07956c6
    domain: nest
    type: doorbell_chime
condition: []
action:
  - service: media_player.play_media
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.matsal
    data:
      media_content_id: media-source://media_source/local/doorbell-1.mp3
      media_content_type: audio/mpeg
    metadata:
      title: doorbell-1.mp3
      thumbnail: null
      media_class: music
      children_media_class: null
      navigateIds:
        - {}
        - media_content_type: app
          media_content_id: media-source://media_source
mode: single

However, the time between button press and actual chime being played is delayed several seconds. (10!)

Is there some way to speed this up?

I attempted to do a “set volume” on target device after detecting motion in case it is some sort of idle state issue but that doesn’t seem to make it any faster.

Also, it takes the same amount of time if I play it on a Homepod Mini.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

//best regards Jens

Nest have a option directly for send a notification to Nest Mini without Home Assistant and is very faster (2-3 seconds). You need go to Nest → Config → Your Doorbell → Visitis notifications (I don’t know the name exactly, I am spanish and the name is “aviso de visitas” )

I know that there is native support to say “someone is at the door” but I would prefer to use a ding dong chime instead. (Old school)

Thinking out loud:
Could it be that I am running a very underpowered NUC and the transcoding of the file before casting it is causing it?

Ok so now I have tested creating a playlist in Spotify with the doorbell chime and it takes just as long for that to execute.

So it’s not a transcoding thing.

When I choose “Run” in the automation settings it seems to be quick and responsive but when the actual trigger is the doorbell itself then the delay occurs.

If google is the problem, is there any non google way I can figure out that someone have pressed the doorbell so the automation can trigger faster?

It is connected to my network so some kind of service trace elsewhere which I can use?

Please, this is making me so frustrated…

Surely this use case cannot be that exotic?