Anylist shopping list + HASS Shopping list - Assistance needed

We have a kitchen tablet that we use daily for HA and AnyList app for recipes.

I have the meal plan calendar feed from AnyList set up to display who is making what for the day on our main HA dashboard, and then the rest of the future meal plan calendar on a list on another tab.

Now I can see all of our lists in HA too (THANK YOU!), but we still need to switch back and forth to view recipes.

I do all the actual recipe imports from my phone or PC, so I’m not concerned about that part. It would just be lovely to at the minimum view the recipes within HA so I could lock down the tablet to just HA usage.

Massive extra points if I could assign recipes to the meal plan as well and/or add recipe items to the shopping list via HA, but that’s likely wishful thinking!

1 Like

Thanks for describing your use case, I’ll let you know if recipes support gets added. In the meantime, I wonder if you could use the webpage dashboard card to embed the recipes webpage into your dashboard.

I did try that, and it’s entirely possible that I just didn’t get things correctly set up, but the AnyList website wouldn’t load in it. I do pay for the website access on their site, so that’s not it. I’ll tinker some more and let you know if I get it working so other folks will know too.

Thank you again for bringing AnyList to HA!

I looked into this and it looks like anylist is not allowing their site to be embedded in another webpage. So anylist will have to allow it on their end for this to work.

1 Like

Would this integration make it possible for me to issue a Siri voice command to add items to the anylist grocery list? We use this via Alexa currently, but I’m trying to get rid of all the Alexas.

There is a Siri integration offered by Anylist themselves, but it is not ideal because you have to say “siri, add to grocery list”, then wait for a siri prompt, then say the item you want. With Alexa (and what I’m hoping is possible with this integration) is to just say “siri add ____ to grocery list”

I don’t use Siri myself so not sure, but if there’s a way to trigger home assistant automations or hook into the assist pipeline then you should be able to do what you want. Found these links from a quick search: