Synchronize 2 Home Assistant todo list

Import Blueprint

Synchronize 2 Home Assistant todo list
This blueprint for Home Assistant synchronizes 2 to-do lists.
Originally designed to sync Google Keep lists with the Bring shopping list, its versatility allows syncing any list.
Currently limited to syncing only active items, those marked as completed are removed from the lists

1 Like

Hello @HectorziN

I have installed your blueprint but once the lists are configured I get the error The automation “Synchronize Alexa with Bring” (automation.synchronize_bring_with_alexa) has an action that calls an unknown service: bring.force_bring_sync.

Could you please help me?

Thanks!

I get the following error message

This is how I use the blueprint:

This blueprimt is intended to work with the custom integration HA-Bring-ToDo-List, not with the official Bring! integration introduced with HA 2024.2.

I think @HectorziN coincidentally published his blueprint just three days before the official integration went live. :slight_smile:

Maybe he’s reading these replies and adapts his blueprint to the official integration in the near future. :man_shrugging:

As the author of HA-Bring-ToDo-List, the call to force_bring_sync may not be needed, as it syncs every 30 seconds anyway.

That may assist the original blueprint creator.

Ok, the problem is, @HectorziN published a blueprint with hard coded todo list entities instead of retrieving them from the blueprint inputs:

- variables:
      google_list: todo.google_keep_la_compra
      bring_list: todo.bring_todo_la_compra
      temp_list: todo.temp

This obviously won’t work for anybody, but him. :laughing:

TBH, I never published a blueprint and won’t start with this at 3am in the morning (*). Thus, please fix this blueprint manually, if you want to use it. You just have to replace the variables section with this:

- variables:
    google_list: !input google_list
    bring_list: !input bring_list
    temp_list: !input temp_list

And as @sh00t2kill already mentioned, you have to remove the first service call right below the variables section, as the bring.force_bring_sync service doesn’t exist in the official Bring! integration.

One more thing: While I assume, the sync should work fine with any combination of two todo lists, the blueprint assumes the Google Keep list as the “first list” and the Bring! list as the “second list”. Thus, if you want to sync between Google Keep and Bring!, you should choose the Google Keep list first, when configuring the blueprint, just for clarity.

(*) Yes, I should go to bed now. But with this integration running, FINALLY (!) we can yell at Google again for adding items to the shopping list. Especially my wife will be excited, because she really missed these epic discussions with our smart speaker. :wink:

2 Likes

Finally it works again! :smiley: I have implemented the Blueprint as you described. Thank you :+1:

After a month of testing, I realized that it doesn’t work so well after all. Some products that I have checked off keep reappearing on the list. I still have to delete them from the sync list.

Same thing here. The problem seems to be Google Now or Bring changing the capitalization of words unasked. Thus, the blueprint isn’t able able to match the items anymore between the two lists and fails with an error.