Anyone able to control their samsung TV with home assistant?

Anyone using either samsung tv HA integration?
I can send a poweron command with the remote.turn_on service call, but for other keys like ambient mode or hdmi switching, i need the service remote.send_command. It does not work. However i also have to set a device ID here? (not needed for the remote.turn_on service)
where do i get that device ID? I only have the ip and mac address of the device.

Some help from people with samsung tv’s would be greatly appriciated!

anyone…? :sweat_smile:

I’m sure you probably figured this out by now but if you haven’t there are different options depending on what TV you have. At first, I thought I would be using WOL to turn mine on but found out that’s not supported with my model. I also tried using the Samsung integration but that didn’t work either with my model. Once l loaded the SmartThings integration I was almost set up. To access the remote I need a different integration and that’s why I’m searching on Samsung TVs right now. I deleted the integration to see if that cleared up a problem I was having now can’t remember which Samsung integration to use for the remote. Using the media player connection to the TV provides some options too.

@borgqueenx
find the device id by going to Settings → devices & services → Integrations tab → click on "Samsung Smart TV integration → click on “2 entities”
There will be a “media player” and a “remote” entity.

I’m trying to figure this out currently also - I’m able to successfully use those media player controls for a few things. setting volume, setting the channel, vol up, vol down, and turning the tv off.

for instance, my script to set the channel is as follows:

- alias: media player - Change the Channel
    service: media_player.play_media
    metadata: {}
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.samsung_8_series_75
    data:
      media_content_id: 1035
      media_content_type: channel

Is anyone able to get the “remote.send_command” working?
Perhaps it’s just my TV, but instructions here are not working for me.
HA Samsung Remote section

/UPDATE

I pretty much solved my own question. to get the remote.send_command working, you target the other entity, which is the “remote.samsung_8_series_75” in my case (obviously!).

Check out this