Anyone else giving up on Z-wave?

Clearly it won’t be overnight but I suspect in the coming months there will be a flood of cheaper zwave devices out there.

They finally understood are losing massively market share to Wifi/Zigbee?

I hope so, Zwave is far superior because operates in a much better frequency spectrum

1 Like

Mine does (“does any happy zwave user require repeater function?”) Old home, retrofit HVAC puts a big duct down the middle that attenuates signal.

If I lose three switches down the hallway, I drop out the edge/leaves they forward for. My neighbors list for each of these key repeaters is fairly long, The protocol seems to be working.

Did you add your nodes as secure nodes?

Yes, secure nodes for the door locks, didn’t bother for the lights, so it’s a mix

I have a zooz zwave stick with the z wave integration. Ive been trying it out for a few days. Ive had only issues. I have the monoprice motion sensor. After numerous attempts to include and exclude it (because I could never get it to do anything ) it now gives me temperature and burglar sensors working, but nothing else. The motion sensor entity doesn’t even appear. At best when there is no motion burglar is 0 and when there is it’s an 8. But I’d really rathe pr the sensors work, especially before I move my innoveli over. How did you get it to work?

My Hubitat hub died.
I’ve been re-testing the native Z-Wave and the new Open Z-Wave Beta.

I found that the Open Z-Wave Beta is:

• Slow to respond to commands.

• The VNC User Interface is workable but a web interface would be preferable.

The Native Z-Wave is:

• A bit faster to respond to commands.

• Gives no indication when nodes have been successfully removed or added.

• Sometimes all of Home Assistant needs to be restarted to see what’s been added/removed, even in the Z-Wave Configuration node list, not just the entities under the integration.

Summary: The native integration is what I’ve moved forward with as it’s faster. This will work for now. If my Hubitat hub started working tomorrow, I’d switch back in a heart beat, at least for Z-Wave.