Anyone else having problems with 0.92 and Hue?

Same issue here.

I also have this issue.

2019-05-30 16:47:24 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Unable to reach bridge 10.0.0.X (Error requesting data from 10.0.0.X: [WinError 64] The specified network name is no longer available)
2019-05-30 16:47:24 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue.light] Reconnected to bridge 10.0.0.X

Same here, sometimes I have to restart several times to get them to show up.

Just an idea. Is the bridge up and running before HA.

Yes, mine works fine with the app & HomeKit

Same issues with Hue on 93.2, with both of my bridges.

2019-05-30 17:43:07 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue] Error connecting to the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.87
2019-05-30 17:44:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.hue] Error connecting to the Hue bridge at 192.168.1.143

So the only recent change that I made was that I was prepping my config to use !secrets all over the place. I was super paranoid, so I also did the IPs of my devices, including my hue hubs.
After removing the !secrets entry for the IP addresses, I’m no longer seeing the error. Perhaps you have an extra space or something?

long, long story this is: see Philips Hue changed to unavailable among many others…

check, my experience indeed… that’s when things started to go awol. has to do with the Hue api not pushing, so HA has to poll the hub. Many requests are made to convince Philips to change to Push Api. check the dev forum on the Hue community for that.

I just upgraded to 0.94.0 updated python to 3.7.3 and this appears to have resolved. Yes both… after updating to .94 you get a warning that python 3.5 will be deprecated in August, so it bit the bullet.

I really hope that putting this out here doesn’t damn me, but this has been my experience.

I have the same problem in the latest version 0.96.5
If I remove the hue integration and set it up anew (without restarting hass), then I have the lamps available. The other icons (motion, etc… ) are though not available.

I have a lot of problems with Hue too. Everytime (and I say EVERYtime) I restart my home assistant (on a Raspberry Pi 4) i see all the hue lights as unavailable. I must always unlink hue integration and link again (tapping on the bridge button). It’s really frustrating. No one can help with these problems?

I also have the same issue and I have to delete the integration and re-include it every time. I sure hope that it’s a clean unistall and re-install, part of me is wondering if we have remnants in config files every time that we uninstall. I sure hope that there is a fix for it as well, it used to work flawlessly in the past. Now this causes issues when we recover for power failures and I am not home. I would prefer not moving to any other Zigbee solutions as I also like to use the Hue app from time to time.

I assure you that it happens on a fresh install too. In my case I tried to install on a linux computer, then a fresh install in a Raspberry Pi 4 via docker… every time the same problem: when I reboot (or as you said for a power failure) all lights are unavailable.

Same issue here, after fresh install on latest raspbian version, home assistant is unable to reach the hue bridge, all light unavailable, have to set it up again with the link.

Hopefully a workaround or solution comes up soon…

Did you try to add this in configuration.yaml?
With the new versione of HA (102) it seems to work.
If I delete this the lights don’t work, if i write this they work even when i reboot…

hue:
  bridges:
    - host: 192.168.xx.xx
      allow_unreachable: true

Yes I tried, but now the lights randomly become unavailable even when I don’t reboot.
They also randomly become available again after a while, can be couple of days though.

I too have issues with the Hue, but only with the outdoor motion sensor (my lights continue to work fine), and it only happens after a reboot of the RPi (HASSIO) v0.101.2.

The motion sensor, temperature and lux level sensors appear, then 5 secs later disappear, then reappear again 5 secs later…and repeat.

I have to remove the integration, and re-add it each time. I’ve not done anything special in my setup…everything is picked up by the discovery component. I have 2 Hue bridges on the network and I’ve tried associating the motion sensor with the other bridge in case that resolved it, but it still has the same issue.

EDIT: I’ve been re-adding and rebooting over the past 2hrs and the problem is persisting now :cry:

I’ve now determined that when the HA instance is restarted, there is another set of motion sensors added:

BEFORE

binary_sensor.hue_outdoor_motion_sensor_1_motion
sensor.hue_outdoor_motion_sensor_1_light_level
sensor.hue_outdoor_motion_sensor_1_temperature

AFTER:

binary_sensor.hue_outdoor_motion_sensor_1_motion_2
sensor.hue_outdoor_motion_sensor_1_light_level_2
sensor.hue_outdoor_motion_sensor_1_temperature_2

Why would it add a second instance of the sensor…the first one is no longer receiving event updates.
After another reboot, the _2 set of sensors is no longer available and the 1st set is appearing/disappearing every 5 secs again.

I have read on another discussion thread Here’s a Link that there’s something funky with RPI3 maybe.

As an experiment, I setup my Hue lights using a VM on my PC on a separate local only hass.io instance (with a separate IP address of course) and the Hue lights work fine on the VM version of hass.io but I always have them switch to unavailable on my hass.io instance running on my Pi. So what I did was setup a MQTT between the two instances to get it to perform how I want for now.

I’ve always use the additional custom component
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://github.com/robmarkcole/Hue-sensors-HASS&ved=2ahUKEwjzsPLGxsjmAhUxguYKHfToB3YQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2tdy2sOEe0_EH1vjAKqw0_
For all my hue motion sensors and 4 button remotes
It available on HACS