Anyone having issues with IFTTT MAKER Webhooks randomly firing on its own?

I have about a dozen applets on IFTTT using Google Assistant as the “+This” and Maker Webhook as the “That” and although the applet works as its supposed to except when it doesn’t. And what I mean by that is it seems that the last phrase I might have asked could be “Turn off Kitchen Light” (again, it works) but later on, even when we didn’t laugh the applet with that phrase said to the Google Home, the applet gets launched and my light will turn off or on as if we had requested it.
I can go to my “ACTIVITY” page on IFTTT and it will show numerous APPLET FAILED or APPLET SKIPPED even when it made the lights work. It also mentions that there is a issue with the MAKER WEBHOOK on the bottom of the ACTION notice. Not sure what is causing this to misfire on its own and I’ve had ZERO help from the IFTTT help link to share issues that that the automated reply.
Anyone else experiencing this issue or know where to go to to figure out what is happening?
Thanks for any help in figuring this out.

Take a look at my post here and compare the settings in the graphic with yours. May help.

Thanks again for sharing this info.
We do have the applets working with out TPI properly as verified as the lights works etc but it seems sometimes the applet fires off on it on without an initiation from us.
It seems the problem starts at the webhook area. At least the activity notes says that there was a problem with the Webhook
My understanding would be if the lights are working etc when we initiate then all should be fine and I can’t imagine anything that I could have set up wrong could somehow cause the applet fire on its own hours later. One night the applet fired each hour at the same minute of every hour. Ifttt shows it as a applet failed or applet skipped so it must be something on that end.

Hmm, I haven’t dived deep enough into IFTTT to know where to go from there.

I have the same problem. Ifttt claims Google initiated a webhook, however I know that but to be true (no record of command, no voice response). Very strange.

I am having a problem with IFTTT webhooks as well. You can send a webhooks command from HA and it fires just fine, no problem there. So the link between HA and IFTTT is golden. But I have the IFTTT applet firing a smart life command to lights. As long as I am commanding one light, no problem. But if I create specific groups within smart life, IFTTT fires everything, even loads that are not in the group I am calling. Smart Life commands the groups properly as well. So, it must have something to do with the way IFTTT sends the command because any group command fires all loads.

As an aside, all my loads in smart life are smart sockets (tan tan).

Ok I fixed the problem I had (kind of). In smart life, rather than grouping, I just created a scene. The scene firing is predicated on the 1 load being triggered from HA/IFTTT as the condition. So to start the scene, I just used the trigger “switch, on” for the load from IFTTT, then added the other lights under tasks.

So I am happy with this for now. The down side is that if I want to just command the one load on (the condition load) it activates the whole scene. Oh well, in the words of Bob (Bill Murray), Dr. Leo Marvin says “baby steps, Bob turn on the lights”!