Anyone use Infineon tech radar for presence detection?

After trying to get an evaluation kit from xandem (and not providing one) i started googling mmwave last night for presence detection. Something that doesn’t require the cloud and doesn’t require a camera. I stubmled upon Infeneon which uses radar technology (similar to xandem). I requested more information to see if i can get an evaluation board, but it appears to do exactly what i want https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/technology/intuitive-sensing/radar-presence-detection/

Hopefully i can implement one in each segman of my floor (living room/kitchen/nook) and possibly send out mqtt topics to my server for presence awareness and zone awareness for more complex automations with home-assistant

Did you ever receive the evaluation board? I’m equally interested in using this kind of technology for presence detection. But it seems hard to come by.

Nope, they said its ready on the website but you cant buy it. So im just going to use my apple watch as a presence detection sensor

You could look into wifi rtt. I’ve been trying to get someone with the knowhow to look into it for a while. Joaomods from tasker said he had plans to implement it into v6.0.0 I guess but that seems to be pretty far off.

You could also look into room assistant using some rpi zeros with magic rooms integration.

I also just heard about something with Verizon being able to track a device down to the centimeter so that might pave way to something usable soon.

I wonder how dfficult it would be put this on an “app”. Wi-Fi RTT (IEEE 802.11mc)  |  Android Open Source Project

I don’t know but if someone can show proof of concept and then throw it into the home assistant companion app that would be marvelous. I’ve seen joaomods do a short video presentation of it and from what I saw of it it seemed to work pretty well.

why? it doesnt support smart watches…, only phones

GitHub - Plinzen/android-rttmanager-sample: Sample project using the WifiRttManager API of Android P you could modify this and just add in mqtt via java

Way above my pay grade