Anyone using an Apple device with success?

When I had this error, I needed to update the browser. I was using Firefox.

@GaryK Well, Firefox isn’t an option since it says i App store that it isn’t compatible with that device…

You’ll probably have to update your iOS to get anything to work. If you have a gen 2 ipad you can go all the way to iOS 12.

@petro Yes, it is a gen2 (modell A1396). So i guess I will have to find out how to update it then, because it says no new versions available when I check on the iPad.

oof, maybe the website I found for iOS versions is wrong. I went to wikipedia and it said that iOS 12 is supported on iPad 2s.

I had this problem too, this will be fixed in 0.89 (you will have to change the auth provider config though). Works fine for me now. (Ipad 3 ios 9.3.5)

1 Like

@jimz011 That sounds great! What auth provider will work?

@Strixx I have a Ipad mini with IOS 9.3.5 all works fine for me except lovelace.

Glad to hear it wasn’t just me that couldn’t get the IOS 9.3.5 to work.

@Strixx just the standard ones from Home Assistant will work fine it is just that the config has to be different, instead of putting the trusted networks under:

http:
  trusted_networks:
    - ::1
    - 192.168.0.0/24
    - fd00::/8

You would now need to remove the trusted networks under http and use this instead:

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
   - type: homeassistant
   - type: trusted_networks
     trusted_networks:
      - ::1 
      - 192.168.0.0/24
      - fd00::/8

This is in the current Beta version of Home Assistant 0.89.0b0 and this might change. I do not know if you could set it up this way already in 0.88.1 but you could give it a try without updating to the beta version. Or else you might have to wait till next week when 0.89 gets released. Use it at your own risk.

@Dee This is because ios 9.3.5 uses an older version of webkit which is unable to display lovelace cards (at least custom lovelace cards, regular lovelace cards work fine for me). Nothing you can do about it, only thing I have came up with is using something like Tileboard or HAdashboard (I prefer Tileboard) or do something dirty as creating a VM with a light OS and run it on a browser. Then RDP into that OS with your ipad and then use it like that. (Which is extremely slow when using windows as OS, so I ended up with Tileboard instead). For my phones I use lovelace though.

@jimz011 I was already aware of that. My main HA is running 0.49.1 Do to old IOS back when there was a problem with 0.50.0 displaying properly in IOS 9 I know they got it fixed but waited to long to update.

I have been upgrading a second system to the most resent version on all updates for a few months now and everything works except a part of, if I ask alexa about my sensors.

On 0.49.1 I can ask alexa what the temp is in the living room is or other rooms
or ask where my wife is and get a answer back.

But with the new format of

api:

alexa:
  smart_home:

I cant figure the right format to get it to work, so for now most everything is done with 0.49.1

Keep an eye on this issue. There was a fix pushed to the frontend for the original issue which may fix it, although it was targeted for Firefox. It will be available in the next version.

Fix is purely frontend, there is no need to change your auth provider. Although I authored both pull request but they are totally unrelated.

If your browser blocked you to login, change auth provider won’t fix it.

@robbiet480 I am the creator of that issue… :slight_smile: asked by @awarecan creating that when believing it was the same thing causing issue #17528

I will for sure test to see if this fixes the issue I created. But it will have to wait until next releas. Don’t want to mess with my system now when I am in the process of switching over from Domticz to Home Assistant and have a lot of outstanding things still to fix to get all automation working as they where in Domoticz.

1 Like

I get the message

Error: Message format incorrect: required key not provided @ data['redirect_uri']

When trying to log in on an iPad 3rd gen, using safari 9.3.5.

will this also be fixed or would this need a seperate fix?

I used to be able to log in with older versions of Home Assistant in my iPad

I had the same issue but seems to be fixed in 0.89 beta for me. 3 beta’s in and all still working. 0.88.x never worked for me with my old ipad unless I tried at least 10 times, it would sometimes get past the login screen. Wait until next week, or try the dev beta version (you could always downgrade afterwards which is pretty easy to do.

LOL, kudos to 10 times retry.

The old issue is caused by the click action triggered page refresh along with form submit in some browser. If you browser is slow enough to allow the login request returned before page refreshed then you may have chance to login.

Hehe, yeah it frustrated me so much that I kept trying. It only frustrated me because I didn’t see any crazy errors in the log and it seemed to work 1 out of 10 tries. It made me really go nuts on it because it had always worked fine haha.

The moment 0.89 beta was released I updated straight away and all is working as intended now. But men one week of trying and looking what it could have been is pretty darn frustrating. Happy it works again :stuck_out_tongue:

The issue is solved in 0.89

I’m currently on 0.97 and my iPad mini has been rendered useless. Can you guys confirm your devices work fine?