Anyone using callmebot? Telegram calls from Home Assistant

Seems pretty cool
https://www.callmebot.com/blog/telegram-call-from-home-assistant/

1 Like

What, callmebot? subbed…

You coudn’t do one more click to find out what’s callmebot @truglodite?

TL;DR: Server makes a voice call with an audio message via Telegram phone call to you (or anyone).

I think this would be amazing for older members of the family, or those who don’t like logging in to see updates or statuses.

Contrary, I looked it up and I am interested to hear how you progress. :wink:

Hi,
I am using it in my alarm system. When the Alarm is armed and motion is detected, HA is calling to my mobile phone through Telegram using callmebot API.
Apart from ringing my phone (what is what I want as it is urgent), It tells me where the motions is detected.
It is excelent! and working very well.

I use Clicksend TTS: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/clicksend_tts/ which does the same thing.

Is Clicksend free to make voice calls? When I tried it a few months ago it had a cost. At least in Spain…

Nope - it charges - but rates are fairly cheap in Australia.

Right! Very usefull for old memebers of the family and visually challenged people.

I just made some test making calls to Telegram and seems to be working fine. I would prefer to get sources and operate on my own account but I cannot find them.

Btw, clicksend.com is paid because it makes call to mobile network (PSTN). They do not provide “Rich Messaging”, like Telegram, yet.

Hi, alfredofenoglio, I’ve been struggling with the automation for the callmebot and I haven’t been able to integrate in the template the variable for the bot to say the friendly name of the sensor that triggered the call automation. Have you been able to set it in the automatio? And if so, can you share the code for it?

Thanks and kind regards!!

How you did yo get the motion sensor triggerd on the phone call?.
I have a call notification for my alarm but not the sensor.
Thanks

Hi, I have some issues setting up this service.
Not sure what I am doing wrong.
I can see the service in my home assistant application but do not receive a phone call when calling the service.
Hopefully someone can help me with this?

Using the below configuration.yaml

notify:

Tengo el mismo problema. ÂżPudiste resolverlo?