Anyone using Firefox?

I’ve moved back to FF from Chrome after the last major release, but Floorplan doesn’t seem to load.

No errors in the JS console, no 404’s, but it just sits there spinning. Works fine in Chrome, works fine in iOS Safari, but won’t load in Firefox :frowning:

1 Like

@Greg

Odd, I also just switched over to FF with 2 floorplans and both are showing correctly.

Hrrmm. Strange. What Firefox version? I still seem to be running the beta. I’m on 58.0b5.

Just updated to 58.0b6 and they still don’t load…

Do you have SSL?

I’m on 57.0, no

Are you sure it’s not a cache issue?

I’m having the exact same issue using Firefox 57.0. I’ve cleared cache/cookies etc, disabled all addons, even tried reinstalling without any luck. Tried on another computer that still has pre-57.0 Firefox and was able to access floorplan from there. I might try updating that one to the latest Firefox as well to see if that’s the problem.

Just updated to Firefox 57.0 on my secondary computer and now floorplan won’t load there either. Seems like the new firefox version is the problem.

Tested with Firefox on both Windows and Ubuntu.

Same. Just installed 57.0 on my desktop, now won’t load. :confused:

I’m running 57.0 also. My floorplan will load but there is a loading circle at the top all the time.

Check the Firefox developer panel to see what is causing the error. That should point you in the right direction.

Work perfectly in Chromium for me as well. Though in Firefox 57.0 it’s blank, and here’s what the console says:

paper-drawer-panel is deprecated. Please use app-layout instead!
frontend-ba74b52e4d0f7823e9521231d4a02560.html-84.js:1:1535
Password fields present on an insecure (http://) page. This is a security risk that allows user login credentials to be stolen.

states
Source map error: request failed with status 404
Resource URL: http://192.168.178.113:8123/static/webcomponents-lite.js
Source Map URL: webcomponents-lite.js.map

Same problem as well. Log doesn’t show any errors. In fact all it show is that the floorplan.css is getting loaded. The result of the GET is the complete floorplan.css, so no problems there as far as I can tell.

If anything it looks like some calls might be missing. Could someone with a working browser send an example of a ‘correct’ log?

If I make a “clear cache”-refresh I also get this line before the get floorplan.css ones

Cheers all. I’ll log an issue later today if nobody’s done it yet…

2 Likes

I was using an old version of Floor Plan until today when I updated it… Dont ask me why but now it doesnt work again :frowning: I hade the same issue before and I rolled back to an older version and then it worked…

Lets hope I can find the files again!

Found my old files and rolled back and now everything is working again.

I have the same issue as described above…

I’ve attempted to debug, I can see that it’s trying to apply the styles from the stylesheet before it’s finished loading. This would indicate an error somewhere in the loadStyleSheet function.

I’ve applied a temporary fix in ha-floorplan by adding a short timeout before trying to set the cssRules on the instance object…

@@ -200,8 +197,11 @@
         if (success) {
           Polymer.dom(this.instance.root).appendChild(link);
           let styleSheet = link['sheet'];
-          this.instance.cssRules = this.instance.getArray(styleSheet.cssRules);
-          callback();
+          let app = this;
+          setTimeout(function() {
+            app.instance.cssRules = app.instance.getArray(styleSheet.cssRules);
+            callback();
+          },100)
         }
         else {
           this.instance.error("Error loading stylesheet");
1 Like

Oh, good spot! I’ll take a look in a little while and see if this solves it for me too.

Currently getting my hands dirty building a motion sensor on a NodeMCU publishing to HA over MQTT…

@christopherbruce the fix seems to work for the custom state card (using FF 57.0.1) as long as I am using

javascript_version: latest

in frontend configuration.

Despite this the panel remains empty with the follwoing messages in the console:

Source-Map-Fehler: request failed with status 404
Ressourcen-Adresse: http://10.8.1.1:8123/static/webcomponents-lite.js
Source-Map-Adresse: webcomponents-lite.js.map

paper-drawer-panel is deprecated. Please use app-layout instead!
frontend-3b391d204559cd0bf2693561430f4b8f.html-84.js:1:1535

Just a heads up that there’s a fix incoming for this. I’ve been talking to @pkozul over the last few days and he’s made a change which gets Floorplan working on the latest FF again.

2 Likes

+1 for this problem.
Any idea whwn the fix will be available?