Apcupsd for multiple UPS

Thank you for your diligence and patience!

I will fix that misleading thing, thank you for discovering that tricky spot!

It is possible to connect UPS to any tiny PC (like raspberryPI) via USB, integrate it with APCUPSd and then it could be easily integrated with addon

hi, I recently discovered this addon and it works great in my hassio installation with my two UPSs.
I just wondering if it’s possible to poll all the infos from apcupsd and not just charge, status, transfers and time left (as load, voltage, etc.).

1 Like

I’ve just found your add-on after setting up a pair of older serial connected UPSs in my new home lab. The two devices are working just fine and I can see the info from apcupsd on the related servers, but I’m hitting a bit of a snag when it comes to configuring your tool. I’ve read some are having success, so I’m guessing it’s something I’m not doing properly.

Anyway, the config file looks like this:

However, on the first run it only configures the first entity, and then after rebooting HA, it removes that one and replaces it with the second one. I’ve tried multiple reinstalls and reboots and I’m getting the exact same issues. For what it’s worth, the information on the one device it does pull is spot on, but I’d like to be able to have both working, ideally.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hi guys

I’ve also faced the problem of connecting several UPS (usb, apsupsd) to Home Assistant and haven’t found any solution that would publish all the UPS parameters on an MQTT broker, so I developed such a service myself. Also it creates all sensors in MQTT for HA - no need to configure anything in HA (if MQTT integration is already configured, of course).

Could you please snd me an example of data you are looking to be added?

it would be great to add the load percentage! thanks!

In the APCUPSD integration page there are some examples apcupsd - Home Assistant

Hi Alex,
Thanks for creating this add-on and it works fine with me. Here is a list of all data we need apart from the 4 readouts you provided. Hope they can be incorporated into the addon…thanks.

Folks, I’m working on a new version of the addon.
Let’s discuss on what kind of sensors you want to be exposed, but I really want to keep the list of sensors as less as it possible. So, I would like you to be mindful when you asking on what data you want to be exposed.

Hey there it’s good to see you again. This add on has been fantastic. I know for me i would like to see

Model
Status
Linev
Loadpct
Bcharge
Time left
Lastxfer
Numxfer

Thanks!

2 Likes

Using SMT750i.
Failed to setup APCUPSD for these models - seems that they are not supported.
AFAIK there is a possibility to install a Network Management Card and then use SNMP.
But is it possible to gather data from UPS via SNMP w/o NMC installed?