Api/config call error on rpi 4b

Hi all,

Have just moved over from a rpi 3b to a api 4b and have been having issues ever since. Have something that is somewhat stable at the moment, but seems slower than I would have expected!

The only real error that I can see coming up is in Supervisor, and its showing:

21-03-01 08:58:52 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.api] Error on call https://172.30.32.1:8123/api/config:

This happens every few minutes. Any idea what it is and how I may be able to fix it?

I seem to be having serious network issues in general, logs showing lots of timeouts. It is directly connected to router which I have rebooted and issues persist. Would you recommend updating to the latest eprom to rule out issues? Am also on HassOS 4.2 as I couldn’t get it to install and restore from snapshot on 5.12.

Any recommendations on best combination of eeprom version and HassOS that is stable?

Also getting a lot of ‘502:Bad Gateway’ errors when installing and uninstalling add-ons, and HA restart takes so much longer than it did with the 3b. Thinking I’ll buy a new SD card from a reputable store, update eeprom to latest and start the restore process again!

Did you re-flash the SD card with the pi4 image or are you using the pi3 image in the pi4?

Hey Tom, reflashed with rpi 4 image (4.2 due to issues with 5.12), and then restored from new hassio instance

1 Like

Just checking :+1:

1 Like

Would you recommend 32 bit or 64 bit image? I am using 32 bit image at the moment on a 4Gb rpi4

Either should work for 4Gb. 64bit might be a bit more efficient.

You seem to have an issue with the Docker container IP communication.

You could try reinstalling home assistant from the command line.

ha core rebuild

Thanks Tom, so a rebuild just reinstalls the current core build and retains all current config and everything else untouched?

Correct.

Awesome, thanks for that! Will give it a try tomorrow and see how it goes :slight_smile:

Still… do a snapshot before rebuilding (and copy it off the card), just in case something goes wrong.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help, have managed to get a stable version with a few resets, moving to MariaDB on NAS, rebuilding core and then updating to OS 5.12. Now seems to be flying with no errors! :slight_smile:

1 Like