Api/discovery_info returns response with all fields blank (core-2021.10.6, supervisor-2021.10.6)

Hi Team,

I have some application integrated with Home Assistant and used to call http://HOST:8123/api/discovery_info endpoint to get baseUrl and other properties.

But after updating to Core version core-2021.10.6, Supervisor version supervisor-2021.10.6 when making the same request I’m getting the response with all fields blank…

Maybe somebody has an idea what is wrong? Maybe this is some breaking change?
discovery_info

Thanks

That endpoint is deprecated.

2021.10.0: Z-Wave S2 support, Tuya, secure ESPHome and 400 new icons - Home Assistant (click “Discovery API”).

Thanks, now it makes sense…

But looking at the documentation I can’t find any hint which to use instead, only As a regular user of Home Assistant, this change should not affect you. - I have a custom add-on developed which is using this API. I’m ready to use something instead, would you please suggest something? I used this API to understand the baseUrl, version of Home Assistant - is there some new API that can be used?

Thanks

I don’t think there’s any replacement. Had the same problem in remote_homeassistant so I added a custom view exposing the information I needed. Downside is that the integration must be installed on the remote instance, the plus side is that I can easily extend with more information when needed (e.g. things not in the public API). It’s a bit different compared to an add-on but can be solved in a similar fashion.

Homeassistant version is available via the /info endpoint:

(also /core/info).

Awesome! Thanks for help Pierre!

1 Like