API password not working after new user support added

Hey,

I upgraded to 0.74.0, installed the new user support (which works beautifully, btw!), but can’t manage to get the legacy API password support working anymore. I set my stuff up like this:

I also have:

What am I doing wrong?

Any error log?

in auth section there should be an auth:

For lack of having your whole cofiguration: # Enable the auth component
auth: ? In the documentation about this new feature.

Example configuration.yaml entry

homeassistant:
auth_providers:

• type: homeassistant

Uncomment next line if you want to enable legacy API password support

- type: legacy_api_password

Example configuration.yaml entry

homeassistant:
auth_providers:

• type: homeassistant

Uncomment next line if you want to enable legacy API password support

- type: legacy_api_password

Enable the auth component

auth:

I do have an “auth:” at the end as specified in the docs, but I don’t need any actual parameters in it, right?

As for the logs, sorry, still a newbie at this, where exactly do I find the relevant log for this?

Thanks a lot!

1. Are you upgrade from previous or new installation?

2. Is your config worked in previous release?

3. You didn’t show the full configuration, so I don’t have idea which is your notify.Chrome.

4. What is your mean

can’t manage to get the legacy API password support working

You can’t login with leagacy api password auth provider?
You can’t get image from camera_proxy?

Let me make an assumption you are talking about camera_proxy, can this camera display image in HA web app?
Can you see an image, if you directly browse https://your.local.ip:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.living_room?api_password=MYPASSWORD

And there is a known issue for this usage (not only for 0.74), MYPASSWORD cannot include special characters, such as &, =, etc.

1 Like

And also there are other users reported that their SSL certification has issue since 0.73.2 security patch, not related with new auth.

You’re the best!

When upgrading to 0.74, I also changed the API password to one that included special characters (although I had an exclamation mark in the previous API password as well), I changed it to one without special characters and it works again :slight_smile:

Much appreciated!