API Polling Sensor Questions

I’m currently working on a sensor platform that polls a 3rd party API for data and have a couple of questions in terms of how I could structure things.

Multiple Sensors / Single API Endpoint
I want to be able to introduce a number of sensors that all pull data from a single API endpoint. So ideally, rather than an update being called on each sensor the update would be called on a number of related sensors together thus limiting the API calls made.

Is this possible as a platform of the sensor component or would I need to make a whole new component?

Webhooks
Another thing I can do to limit the number of API calls made is to introduce webhooks. The 3rd party I’m integrating with can call a webhook when data changes. This call would simply act as a prompt to go fetch an updated set of data via the normal API route.

Would it be acceptable to expose a service that would prompt an API update and then for the user to simply configure the webhook to point to the relevant HA Rest API endpoint to call the service e.g. https://www.my-home-assistant.com/api/services/sensor/myplatform_update?api_password=slkjfsldkfslkdfl?

Also, if I did implement this, how would I stop the sensors from updating on an interval (but still update on setup)?

Any help / pointers on the above would be appreciated.