API Question (IOS App, Notification)

Good evening everyone. Hope this is the right spot to put this, it’s my first post.

I recently started tinkering with HA after having used OpenHab for about 4 years. A large portion of my home, and things outside my home, are currently automated with about 30k lines of Python code I’ve written over the past couple years. I largely used OpenHab as a UI to interact with my backend code.

Been really happy while tinkering with HA, have moved a ton of stuff over to it, and have learned a good bit along the way. The UI is insanely superior to OpenHab, the UI work this team has done is fantastic.

I have a quick question I’m hoping someone can help me with. I’m wanting to send push notifications to the HA iOS app via external python code. It looks like it’s doable in the API documentation as I think it’s just posting data in a JSON format to the /event/ API URL. Is that correct? I did a packet capture on my local box and tested a push from an automation rule, it worked fine and I can see the JSON objects being referenced in the internal API calls, just haven’t figured out how to call them from my own code.

If anyone could help me out I’d appreciate it. Hoping I can send iOS push notifications via Python and the requests module, but it’s also entirely possible I’m overlooking something with HA that I don’t know about.

Thanks for the help.