App is ridiculously slow on iPhone 6 running iOS 14.1

The title says most of it but I also received the following error even though the app was signed in on a valid user.

Login attempt or request with invalid authentication from localhost (127.0.0.1) (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Home Assistant/2020.6.2 (io.robbie.HomeAssistant; build:1; iOS 14.0.1))

Slow is actually an understatement. I opened the side menu so I could point the phone to the correct Lovelace dashboard which took several minutes to open. When it finally opened , I tapped on the dashboard name and have currently been waiting 10 minutes for it to actually go to that dashboard. I’ve tried rebooting the phone, but it is still incredibly slow. I am not an iOS user and know nothing about the platform at all. My wife however insisted we give my son her old iPhone for his first phone, so I am stuck attempting to set this up. Lol Everything else seems to work fine. I have opened a number of apps and this is the only one running slow.

Thanks for any help or ideas on how to rectify this.

Do you have an extensive setup with lots of custom cards? Lovelace is heavy and may be too much for the phone. Hoe is it when you connect through thr browser instead of the app?

I’d agree with @Burningstone here, I would check that first… the app was becoming unusable for me and in looking at my resources.yaml I was actually loading a bunch of custom cards that I didn’t even use anymore, and after removing them there was significant improvement.

So, after posting this, I gave up on it and set the phone aside while waiting to see what you guys had to say. After reading the 2 above posts, I picked up the phone and now it is working fine. I have no idea what changed, but everything is working as it should. So, Thanks!!! Y’all da best!!! :smiley:

I was not so lucky. For me on iPhone 7+ the app is still very slow. Not as much as for the OP on iPhone 6, but it takes a few seconds to open the menu or to respond to clicks on lights or other buttons. Once I select any item in the side menu that will hide Lovelace things get normal. Until I’m back to Lovelace then slow again.

My setup is fairly heavy (4000+ lines in ui-lovelace.yaml) and is almost entirely based on button-card custom card.

I noticed that pages with more items/cards are slower, lighter pages are faster.

On the phone, accessing Lovelace through either Safari or Chrome is as slow as in the companion app.

But on my MacBook Safari is as slow and Chrome is super fast.

I’m confused. Before upgrade to iOS 14 everything was perfect. But if problem seems to be iOS 14, why would Safari suddenly become slow on the MacBook?

I have similar issues on an iPhone X running IOS 14.0.1
Using HASS in Safari is fine, but the companion app is unusable really - extremely slow at best and often just a black screen with Orange settings icon (which doesn’t do anything)

Hi all, same as thermseekr, slow since iOS 14.