App started freezing with 2023.7.5-full

Since updating to this version I’ve had endless problems with the app freezing. Sometimes it’s OK, but often it just pauses half-way through loading cards. It freezes for 20 seconds or more and no input is possible at all. Sometimes flipping to another app and going back to it allows 1-2 seconds of function, then freezes again.

Sometimes it’s fine.

Is it just me?

The dashboard is freezing? Do you see the same issue using chrome for Android on the same device?

I have same freezes after showing sensor history. 20 seconds or so. Android wants me to kill app because it is unresponsive.

@janbenes can you please try in chrome for android on the same device?

I see the problem in both Chrome and Firefox for Android.

ok this is a HA frontend issue and not an app issue

My problem is history graphs in a grid card: history-graph inside "Grid" card: page becomes irresponsive · Issue #17242 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

There are a few other “freeze” issues in the frontend repo, so the cause will depend on what your dashboard consists of.

2 Likes

Sorry for me to just jump in here, but do anyone know if there is a problem with the app. It starts and closes before show anything. Noticed a problem before with https but its fixes. Now it works fine in Chrome but not the app?!? Can’t find anywhere that’s talking about it…

we need logs from teh app crash. If teh app will not stay open then you need to use a tool like android studio to get logcat logs. Without logs we cannot help.

I have tested with a server that not use https then it works, so it’s a problem with a certificate for fraud and unsafe page. Looks like a problem that’s connected to Google or something. After reinstall of the app and all the info a red pop-up warning page appears with:
The website that opens is fraudulent.
Attackers on “my duckdns” may try to trick you into doing something risky,
such as installing software or revealing personal information (such as password, phone numbers, or credit card information). Read more

Help us make the web safer for everyone by sending the URLs of certain pages you visit,
certain page content to Google Privacy Policy.

Then I can press “Details” and go to the page but just shuts down app.

Thanks for that fast response from you.

looks like you need to contact google about the phishing warning so they can remove it from your site. The app itself expects a valid certificate and page to load in order to be functional.

Ok, I’ll will take a look around if there is something wrong with SSL then send a email to them.

think I found the problem: the new webview and Google play protect, kills the app. When I Uninstalled the new webview and turned off the play protect it just worked again.