AppDaemon config - help required

Happy New Year,

For many years, I have been using the dahua_mqtt.py python script to action CCTV camera events in HA. This is integrated with AppDaemon.

Recently AppDaemon is choking and stopping. I suspect this is due to the deprecation/replacement of packages. Please could someone help me understand/overcome the below?

Thank you in advance,

Error detail:

Executing busybox-1.35.0-r29.trigger
OK: 464 MiB in 129 packages
ERROR: unable to select packages:
libcrypto3-3.0.7-r0:
breaks: openssl-dev-3.0.7-r2[libcrypto3=3.0.7-r2]
satisfies: world[libcrypto3=3.0.7-r0]
ca-certificates-20220614-r2[so:libcrypto.so.3]
python3-3.10.9-r1[so:libcrypto.so.3]
libcurl-7.87.0-r0[so:libcrypto.so.3]
libssh-0.10.4-r0[so:libcrypto.so.3]
apk-tools-2.12.10-r1[so:libcrypto.so.3]
libsrt-1.5.1-r0[so:libcrypto.so.3]
libssl3-3.0.7-r0[so:libcrypto.so.3]
libssl3-3.0.7-r0:
breaks: openssl-dev-3.0.7-r2[libssl3=3.0.7-r2]
satisfies: world[libssl3=3.0.7-r0]
python3-3.10.9-r1[so:libssl.so.3]
libcurl-7.87.0-r0[so:libssl.so.3]
apk-tools-2.12.10-r1[so:libssl.so.3]
[10:34:20] FATAL: Failed installing package curl-dev

AppDeamon Configuration:

init_commands: []
python_packages:
  - hass-apps
  - pip>=20.1.1
  - pycurl
system_packages:
  - ffmpeg
  - libcurl
  - python3-dev
  - libcrypto1.1
  - libssl1.1
  - gcc
  - g++
  - pkgconf
  - musl
  - curl-dev
log_level: debug:
1 Like

In case it is helpful to others, I solved the above with the below config…

init_commands: []
python_packages:
  - hass-apps
  - pip>=20.1.1
  - pycurl
system_packages:
  - ffmpeg
  - libcurl
  - python3
  - python3-dev
  - openssl
  - libcrypto3
  - libssl3
  - gcc
  - g++
  - pkgconf
  - musl-dev
  - curl-dev
log_level: debug

To be honest, I kept stabbing in the dark, adding plugins until it stopped erroring.
This may not be the most efficient, but at least it now works.

Welcome to hear other persons thoughts or suggestions to try.

1 Like

Thanks Johnny,

I was pulling my hair out yesterday. Spent half the day trying various combinations of packages and googling everything on topic. I feel like I spend half my life dealing with Appdaemon issues. It’s probably not Appdaemon’s fault but I just don’t understand what to do when it breaks.

What’s worse is I don’t know it’s broken until I realise that stuff stopped working.

Good news is I found a solution to appdaemon for Dahua Mqtt. A few actually.

First I installed camera events GitHub - psyciknz/CameraEvents: Dahua NVR/Camera Alerting to MQTT. Fairly specific to my needs, but also an attempt at starting to use travis.

This worked but the mqtt payloads it sent through were not compatible with what I wanted.

What did work is DahuaVTOtomqtt
https://hub.docker.com/r/eladbar/hassio-addon-dahuavto2mqtt

That’s a link to the hass add-on but I saw an issue that said that it wasn’t maintained so unsure if it worked. I used an unraid docker ‘community application’ and it just worked. I like that it’s independent to home assistant now. I saw it previously but disregarded because it talked about voice intercoms rather than cameras. Does the event listening in my cheap dahua camera just fine!

Hi Adam,

I tried other methods but ended up reverting to dahua_mqtt.py due to its ability to specifically pass user-defined camera events by user-defined name. This extra level allows me to define multiple trigger events of the same type. For example, cross-line onto the drive, cross-line by the car, cross-line at the postbox.

My only issue with the integration is the latency of the received event. It mostly suffers a 5-10sec delay. That said, that could also be down to the Dahua cameras.