Appdaemon weather without dark_sky

Hi,

I’m new to appdaemon, so I’m playing arownd creating the first dashboard, and I’m trying to add a weather card, but I can’t because darksky.net doesn’t accept registrations any longer. I tried using the weather.openweathermap and weather.home or sun.sun I can get the text like cloudy or sunny but no icons or forecast. Any ideas if there is anyway to do it without the darksky sensors?

Thank you.

I’m having a similar issue-- sadly started getting into HA after Darksky shut down their API. Is there any way to get HADashboard to support another weather entity other than Darksky?

@smic717394 @ksn I found the following https://github.com/vche/appdaemon_weatherentity.
This is a weather widget based on openweathermap.
I installed this widget but I cannot get it working. I run into the following error message:

2021-01-25 17:18:05.584288 WARNING AppDaemon: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/appdaemon/dashboard.py", line 314, in _load_widget with open(yaml_path, "r") as yamlfd: FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/appdaemon/widgets/weatherentity.yaml.

I run home-assistant on a raspberry pi and don’t have python3.8 on my system. At least not in the directory mentioned in the log row.
The html,css and js file I installed in /config/appdaemon/widgets but I don’t know where to install the yaml-file.
Maybe you can help me.

Did you get anywhere with the weatherentity?
Mine’s working, after I moved the etc folder inside the base_weatherentity folder.

I also get it worked but I do not know exactly what I did to get it worked.
My configuration now is :
./config/appdaemon/custom_widgets/base_weatherentity
./config/appdaemon/custom_widgets/base_weatherentity/base_weatherentity.js
./config/appdaemon/custom_widgets/base_weatherentity/base_weatherentity.css
./config/appdaemon/custom_widgets/base_weatherentity/base_weatherentity.html
./config/appdaemon/custom_widgets/weatherentity.yaml
And that’s working fine for me.