Apple homekit only working on 2ghz wifi

I have setup Home assistant with homekit intergration. But for some reason my devices will only respond with I am on my 2ghz wifi. When I connect to the 5ghz the apple home app does not see my devices. I can use the home assistant APP on 2hgz or 5ghz fine just not the homekit.

I have a full unifi setup. USG, Unifi APs, and switches.

I tried search for this issue but did not find an answer. Any help is appreciated.

I know that there was some problems with 5GHz devices working with HomeKit and it was more of a device problem, not so much a HomeKit problem. I remember that Leviton was one of a handful of manufacturers that supported 5GHz, while most of them only supported 2.4GHz because of the range difference.

Doing a quick search I can see that lots of folks seem to have problems with Unifi gear on 5GHz in general, not just with HomeKit.

Yeah I know it’s not my devices cause everything I have connects to my Smartthings hub which is hard wired… When I was running homekit bridge on hoobs my 5ghz and 2ghz worked fine… So im sure it’s something with home assistant.

I have a full Unifi setup (USG, switch, APs) and do not have any issues with Homekit. I have a single wireless network and no VLANs (as of right now). If you split your wifi networks, make sure you aren’t blocking broadcast traffic from LAN to WLAN. If you have multiple VLANs or networks, you might need to enable the mDNS reflector service on the USG.

My 2ghz and 5ghz are in the same VLAN. Everything is on the same vlan I have split the 2g and 5g cause the signal is way better when it’s split. I will try enable that feature.