Apple ipad battery status not updating

I have 2x apple ipads and 2x Android phones. And I setup automation to monitor charge status of ipad. When it reach 98% for 5 mins, it will trigger and turn off a smart power switch to stop charging. It works great on HA core version 2023.9.3 (docker) . After upgrade to HA 2023.12.1 on docker. The automation seems not picking up. Menual test works ok. I watch the HA ipad battery level status, that is what I am using for monitoring, and find out the battery level of ipad seems not update for a long time. Only doing once when you access HA on ipad. on ipad I checked HA app. it is latest version. And settings are enabled for location, background update and etc. Where should I start looking for to solve this.

1 Like

I have the same problem. The iPad does not update the battery charge level in HA.

It went from 100% to 0% over the course of several hours without ever updating HA even once, and it blew right past my “25% level turn on charger switch” automation. I’m on the latest iOS companion app (from 2023/12/27) and HA core 2024.1.2.

1 Like