Apple TV Integration - tvOS 15 Beta

Cool. Will wait then :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi I’m using the Home Assistant Installation in a Docker Container on a Raspberry Pi.
The Docker Image which is installed has the Apple TV Integration preinstalled, so i have no idea which version I have now.
When I try to connect the Apple TV I can enter the Code for AirPlay but then get the Error:
“The configuration for this device is incomplete. Please try adding it again.”
Yesterday I also had the MRP Error.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
UnitedBlaze

You have the version shipped with Home Assistant, you need to install the beta version from here:

My Problem is that I have no idea, how i can use the beta version of this integration, because I’m using the Home Assistant Installation in a Docker Container.
Can you give me a guide how to change the version of this integration in the docker container?

This is the version of HA I’m using:
ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant:latest

EDIT: Got it working with HACS integration!

how did you get it working with HACS?
i cant find the integration in the list or a way to add a custom repo
EDIT: Got it working with HACS integration too!

1 Like

How did you get it installed using HACS?

@postlund When do you think the changes will be pushed into the HA master branch?

I don’t have any time frame and I’m not gonna make any guesses either. I have learned from last time… But I hope to do that soon. Updating the tests are my last big thing to do (except for one last thing in pyatv).

3 Likes

Like you, I have multiple instances of Apple TV, but I also have multiple instances of Sonos speakers discovered by HomeKit.

Its really easy.
You have to set up the HACS integration which is preinstalled on the Docker version of Home Assistant.
When everything is ready and the link to GitHub was successful, you can navigate to the HACS menu item. There you can click the button “Explore & add repositories” under Integrations. Here you can find the beta version of the Apple TV integration.

When I search for Apple, I only find something for iCloud. Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like an old Home Assistant Version. Imo this is offtopic. I recommend you to open a thread with as many infos provided (How deployed, Version, Screenshots etc etc)

This is working pretty good for me, I love that you can send TTS to homepods. Not yet perfect but works well so far! Great work, I appreciate that you shared this with us!! Thank You

@DeLub You have to add the custom repository first. Go to the HACS screen and click the ellipses at the top right. Then click Custom Repositories and add the URL - https://github.com/postlund/hass-atv-beta

3 Likes

You need to manually add the Beta Repo to HACS

1 Like

A, didn’t know about custom repositories. Thanks! Installation went well.

2 Likes

@postlund I have 2 instances of Home Assistant, in different houses. Both use UniFi controllers with exactly the same network settings. In one of them, I installed the beta through HACS, Apple TVs were discovered and pairing was successful. In the the second one, the beta was installed the same way, Apple TVs are discovered (sometimes they appear twice) but I get no pairing screen on the Apple TV itself. There are no leftover entries in storage/core.config_entries. AirPlay is set to Everyone. Any advice? Thanks!

1 Like

You probably have configured a manual PIN code on that device. Either remove that or use the PIN code you have set.

All Restrictions are off, and Remote App Pairing is set to Allow… Still can’t get to the pin screen in any of the 3 Apple TVs I’m trying. If you have any other suggestion please let me know.

Are Home Assistant on the same VLAN as the Apple TV’s you are adding?