Apple TV On HassOS

Have a look at “IGMP Proxy and Snooping”

Has any progress been made on the integration that will allow for the select_source yet? I’m trying to integrate my AppleTV (running tvOS 14.x). I can see the status information when something is playing, but I can’t control anything other than the play/pause. I’ve tried creating scripts that use the up/down/left/right command from the remote, but they only work if the AppleTV is on the main screen, with nothing already playing. Being able to select the source using just the app name would be really useful.

That will come quite soon, but use the media browser as that seems to be what others do.

I have updated apple tv to version 15 beta and I can no longer integrate it into the home assistant? do you know how to do it?
the network sometimes sees it, other times it doesn’t and sometimes it asks only for the first pin while the second doesn’t ask for it, Thanks

Doesn’t work with tvOS 15. Apple has removed MRP so there’s no way to communicate anymore (at least for now). No timeframe for a solution.

it is possible to downgrade to ios 14?

No idea, I’ve never run any beta version. But I assume it should be possible, at least until final version is out.

So once 15 is released we will all lose the ability to use the ATV integration? Or is this a beta thing?

Looks like that is the case, yes. Unless something changes in a late beta.

Autodiscovery and manually adding my AppleTV 4K stopped working a week ago.
core-2021.7.4
supervisor-2021.06.8
The ATV is running IOS14.4.

Any ideas of how to make it work again?

Upgrade to 2021.8.0 as there is a fix for the discovery issue.

1 Like

Thank you! I was not aware it was a known bug. I appreciate the fast response. It works now!

1 Like

Good morning;
I’m probably going to ask a question that somebody already asked;

• is it possible to keep the remote control always on A? or remove the switch.

Without it, no order can be executed.

I use the HDMI CEC between my LG OLED TV > My Onkyo Amp > APPLE TV.
It works great with the physical remote control but I’d like to do the same with HA.
Do you have a solution?
Thank you

I use the LG integration side-by-side with the ATV integration to achieve what I want. For instance, we don’t have a mute command in the ATV integration, but you can just send the command to the TV which should be transmitted to your amp (mine does so to a Yamaha sound bar). All the mute button on the new ATV remote is doing anyway is sending a CEC command.

- platform: template
    switches:
      lg_mute:
        friendly_name: lg mute
        value_template: >
          {{ state_attr('media_player.lg_tv', 'is_volume_muted') == true }}
        turn_on:
          service: media_player.volume_mute
          data:
            entity_id: media_player.lg_tv
            is_volume_muted: "true"
        turn_off:
          service: media_player.volume_mute
          data: 
            entity_id: media_player.lg_tv
            is_volume_muted: "false"
        icon_template: >-
          {% if (state_attr('media_player.lg_tv', 'is_volume_muted') == true) %}
            mdi:volume-mute
          {% else %}
            mdi:volume-mute
          {% endif %}

there are some news with ios 15?

See this thread:

Hi @postlund

First: Really nice integration and good to see you keep updating.

Question: I’m trying to use an automation to turn_on the AppleTV after my Samsung TV turns on. The automation works but for some reason it won’t turn_on the AppleTV. Is there another option to turn the AppleTV on?

Hmm, turning on should work. It works a lot better if Companion is paired. Can you list and launch apps?

Hi @postlund,

Not really sure what you mean with ‘Companion is paired’ (can’t find it in the docs what the ‘companion’ is?)

I’m using the following automation but this won’t ‘turn_on’ the AppleTV.

id: '1643969697016'
  alias: AppleTV turned on by Samsung TV
  description: When Samsung TV turns on, turn on AppleTV
  trigger:
  - platform: device
    device_id: caf472e22a1117ab93bb54ef7b26fef0
    domain: media_player
    entity_id: media_player.samsung_q90_series_55
    type: turned_on
  condition: []
  action:
  - type: turn_on
    device_id:
    entity_id: remote.appletv
    domain: remote
  - service: notify.mobile_app_iphone
    data:
      title: AppleTV turned on
  mode: single

Some extra information: When viewing the Apple TV history it’s displaying ‘standby’. So the device is already turned on (?) but won’t be recognised by the TV (HDMI) unless I use the ‘screen’ button on the Apple TV remote.