Apple Watch Actions

Thanks! I also had the weird zoom in problem, and also upside down.

It never updated either. It’s been hours now.

The accessing actions part of it seems to work well. I’m loving those so far.

I’ll look into Complicated, cheers!

can u use siri to launch actions from apple watch? I got some actions working but would think more usable if I could tell my watch to do it.

You can use Shortcuts app to do that. Create a shortcut using on of the Home Assistant actions, like Call Service. Say Hey Siri & name of shortcut, and she’ll run it.

1 Like

Thanks I actually got actionable notification working w/ node red and the Apple Watch actions working w/ nodered also.
Siri seems to be able to do the watch actions so far.

Hi All,
How can I change icon here?
Thanks a lot!

Has anyone had success getting a HA-based Siri shortcut to work from the Apple watch? My situation is as follows:

• Running core-2021.3.0 HA
  • WatchOS is 7.3.2
  • Iphone IOS version is 14.4
  • IOS Mobile companion app installed last week (version ??)
  • I created an Action on the Watch and clicking that does correctly cause a ios.action_fired event which I can intercept and everything works fine there.
  • But when I add a Siri shortcut to that action (I used the HA mobile companion app to add the shortcut), and try to use it, Siri recognizes the shortcut but I get the error message “remote user isn’t registered” and no ios.action_fired event is fired.
  • However, the Siri shortcut when used from the Iphone works does correctly fire the ios.action_fired event.

It’s nice to have the action button working on the watch, but having the Siri shortcut work from the watch would be even better. Any suggestions?

On a different topic but still watch-related…
As mentioned previously, I created an Action on the Watch and clicking that does correctly cause a ios.action_fired event which I can intercept and everything works fine there. However, I would like to let the watch user know that his requested Action really happened without error. I thought a notification using the service notify.mobile_app_iphone would do it but one problem is that if the phone is on, the notification only goes to the phone and the watch user doesn’t see anything. And when I tried witih the phone off (locked), I still did not see anything on the watch until I turned the phone back on, then the notification finally got delivered.

Is there some way to configure the notification such that it will always go to the watch immediately? (Without having to do something crazy like turning “wrist detection” off).

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible that when you turn on a lamp via the apple watch, the color of the button can be changed so that you see that the button is activated?

Thank you for your response

This also helped me so I try to explain it to the n00bs.

First create a new action on your iPhone and keep in mind the name, that is the only thing that we will use in the automation.yaml so try to give it a unique name as you would do for any other automation.

Nothing will be created in the automation.yaml so you need to do it yourself.
Basically you can call any service that works with the device you want to control.

Here are two examples, the first to toggle a light switch

- alias: "Ikea_Lampe"

trigger:

- platform: event

event_type: ios.action_fired

event_data:

actionName: Ikea_Lampe

action:

- service: switch.toggle

data: {}

target:

entity_id: switch.ikea_lampe_socket_1

and the second to turn on the AC in the car, which is the push of a button as a service

- alias: "SpingGrau AC on"

trigger:

- platform: event

event_type: ios.action_fired

event_data:

actionName: Spring_Grau_AC_on

action:

- service: button.press

entity_id: button.start_air_conditioner