Apple Watch Actions

Hi. Does anyone have examples these? I’ve searched and can’t find anything easily.

Check out our new docs.

5 Likes

For this looking for quick example, here is one that turns on my pc using wake on lan (just started setting this up yesterday):

In companion app configure Action:

configuration.yaml

switch:
  - platform: wake_on_lan
    mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00

automations.yaml

- alias: "WOL"
  trigger:
    - platform: event
      event_type: ios.action_fired
      event_data:
        actionName: wake_pc
  action:
    - service: switch.turn_on
      entity_id: switch.wake_on_lan

You can debug these by listening to ios.action_fired in Developer Tools > Events

3 Likes

I am also looking for example.
I would like to view some device status on my apple watch is that possible ?

Hi, link not working.

2 Likes

It’s moved.

Does anyone have any details on the “Apple Watch” settings? I am new to the watch so not sure what does what although I have set up a couple of Actions which are triggering nicely in HA.

You need Home Assistant Companion installed on your iPhone and activated on Apple Watch.
Once you set it up, new service will be registered notify.mobile_app_<your_device_id>

so now you can:

automations.yaml

- alias: Notify entrance open
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.openclose_entrance
    to: 'on'
  action:
    - service: notify.mobile_app_artur
      data:
        data:
          push:
            sound: none

I’ve never managed to get the custom sound working though.

1 Like

Is it possible to see sensor states or values on the watch ?

Same question here. Want to show sensor data on the watch.

I did followed your instructions, it is working for the actions but when I comfigure a sensor To show it only works for one time. It is not updating itself. Any idea?

I haven tried but yes it should:

action:
  service: notify.notify
  data_template:
    message: "The sun is {% if is_state('sun.sun', 'above_horizon') %}up{% else %}down{% endif %}!

More on templates:

What sort of sensor are you trying to configure?
To give you an example I added this thing to my front door:

So every time it opens >> action is fired (no matter how many times) and notification arrives on both my iPhone and watch.

I don’t mean notifications but sensor data shown on the Apple Watch

Oh I think you are out of luck but you could try this:

Another option is simulating HomeKit device HomeKit Bridge - Home Assistant to show your sensor data.

I’m using that to control lights and shades and see their status.

Thanks for the suggestion but would like to use the native App function instead this custom method.

1 Like

Yes, displaying sensor data would be great. I would like to see the temperature of my own weather station instead of some nonsense weather apps.

Any one had any luck with this? On the iOS app the ‘Apple Watch’ integrations don’t seem to work. If I preview output on the template screen the state is correctly reported, but on watch face it is blank (or sometimes says ‘Not configured’) instead of showing my template.

IMG_2676

After tinkering with these some more, it seems that the ‘Large rectangle’ on the Modular and Infograph Modular faces does work, eventually. It’s a bit random, it took a few minutes to appear but it did finally change from the error message to the correct output. I didn’t change my template. Both {{states("alarm_control_panel.home_security")}} and {{states.alarm_control_panel.home_security.state}} seem to work equally sporadically.

I can’t get any other complication to work.

This is what the error message looked like:

IMG_2682

After 5 or 10 minutes it eventually turned into this:

IMG_2683

Some other complications seem to have their own issues :rofl: :

IMG_2684

I gave up on trying to get it to work. I eventually got just an icon to show (though the icon is strangely zoomed in with only the center showing). I use that to access actions, but use an app called Complicated to display states. And with Complicated you can determine how often it updates because you can use an automation in HA to trigger it, and to set what it says. Text just has to be URL encoded.
IMG_4366

1 Like