Apple Watch app and discrete actions per user

So here’s the situation: Mom has ALS and is losing her ability to speak- though she gets around well with a walker and is mentally sharp as a tack. Today I bought her an Apple Watch and began setting it up with HA with the goal of providing her a way of calling for help (via push notifications) if she needs it and maybe communicating some basic needs otherwise. I want to have a list of commands accessed by the HA app placeholder, but her watch is pulling in the ones already defined in configuration.yaml so she’s turning the lights on and off in my house, etc. Can anyone help me:

1. Allow access form the HA watch app only to certain yaml-defined actions (perhaps per user)- there’s nothing in the docs that I can find about this. I can’t set the up directly on her phone because I need to be able to administer it remotely as things change over time.

2. Has anyone figured out how to have the Apple Watch text to speech from predefined actions?

Thanks in advance everyone.

1 Like

I believe in the HA app, it first syncs all you got configured as actions. But then you should be delete those you dont need on her phone, thus also removing them from the watch.

But aside from that, it’s such a great idea to see what you are trying to do with HA. Amazing! Stay strong!

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement Vasco. So far so good, I just commented out all my old watch actions, made new ones for her and they synced right over; now she can ping the family for help.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find a way to delete synced actions from the HA companion app. I think per-user Apple Watch actions is going to wind up being a feature request.

The scene-generated actions need to be disabled manually per device, if you do not want them to be created automatically. You can subscribe to this feature request for making a per-scene/global toggle.

Thanks Zac, I’ve noticed the toggle for scenes, but as above what I’m struggling with is YAML-defined actions automatically syncing to any watch paired with a phone logged into the HA server in question. I tried adding visible: as per views but that yields a validation error (invalid option).

I’ll log a feature request on github unless someone here points out that I’m missing something.