Apple Watch Complicatons not updating

Dear Community,

I want to show values on my Apple Watch.

I have two motion detector, inside two room.

I would like to show this two motion sensor’s last changed attribute so I can see how many time since somebody was detected. I was able to provide a template for this on my ios app apple watch settings.

Here is one of the sensors template:

{{ relative_time (states.binary_sensor.motion_detection_livingroom.last_changed) }}

It is working correctly after a little waiting, I can see the values on the middle.

My problem is that this values not updating.

I also added this templates to a markdown card. There it is changing in every second. I see how the time goes. On Apple watch if I wait about an hour and I create again the templates I can update it manually but thats a lot of work and cannot do it automaticly. I see a lot of people having same issues with Watch. There is any Idea what to do?

Thank you very much.

This is a limitation of watchOS - Apple restricts watch complications to just 50 updates per day, which is roughly every 30 mins in a best case scenario (where nothing goes wrong).

So unfortunately it’s not really suitable for time-sensitive sensors like motion detection.

Yes I read that in the docs, I totally agree with that but the problem is it not changing automaticly. I set the sensor.time to check the dime difference and I woke up at 10:00 the time on the watch on my hand! was still 01:01 from the night when I last updated manually. There is something im doing wrong? It only updates If i change on the app on iphone or open the app on watch many times.

Thank you.