📳 Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC

New Update 2.4

Bugs Fixed :bug:

• Fixed a bug that would trough an error log in watchdoog and prevent watchdoog high priority option to work correctly.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

No problem, it wasn’t a hard one to track down. The warning is gone with the 2.4 update :slightly_smiling_face: .

1 Like

@RickFurtado

Thanks for getting back to us :+1:

Blacky :smiley:

Any thoughts on a way to remind the user whether the washer sensor (open/close) has not been triggered for X min after the washer load has ended? Basically cycling it until they open the door.

Hey Blacky, Fantastic blueprint & I cant wait to get it all setup on my washer & dryer after the plugs I ordered on a Labor Day sale come in. I’ve been playing with it already on a different smart plug & was wondering if there was a way to change/update the blueprint so that it has the ability to request/use custom notification sounds on iOS? I see you have the way to do it on android implemented.

@Dr.proctor

You can enhance this setup by adding a custom action. Once the initial action finishes, you’ll receive a notification via the blueprint’s end notify. You can then create a custom action that waits for a door contact sensor to open. If the door doesn’t open within a set time, it could notify you again or continue to cycle until the door is opened.

Custom actions are versatile and allow you to tailor the automation to your specific needs, giving you full control over the process.

@1ComputerSavvyGuy

Welcome to the community.

This setup has been rock solid for me, never missing a beat, and it’s all local, which I really love. I recently purchased a smart appliance and was excited about it, but
 let’s just say I’m still sticking with this blueprint. It just works, every time.

You can use the custom actions but since I am a iOS man I think I should square it up with our Android friends
 so I will add this on the list to do.

The plugs came in today. Got everything setup & loving these smart notifications. I did see the custom actions but didn’t set that up because I didn’t want to try to get the duration & power tracking information into it since you made it so easy to add to the end notify. Can’t wait for the update - I got a few fun sounds to use lol.

I don’t blame you for preferring your blueprint over the built-in smarts of your new appliance. Im sure the appliance requires an internet connection for the smart features & reports everything to the manufacturer. (even though they’ll swear it doesn’t :smiling_face_with_tear: )

@1ComputerSavvyGuy

I have done all the work and testing so it will be out soon with 2 new features one being iOS sound.

New Update 2.5

:apple: New Feature For iOS

• Notification Sound - The Home Assistant app for iOS includes built-in notification sounds, and you can import sounds from your iOS device into the app. Custom sounds can also be added via iTunes or from your cloud storage.

For more information on using sounds in the Home Assistant app, click here.

:new: New Feature

• End Reminder Notification - This option allows you to receive repeated notifications reminding you that the appliance cycle is complete. Notifications will continue until the specified Reminder Notification Entity is ON (e.g. door contact sensor) or the maximum notification count is reached, ensuring you don’t miss the end of the cycle while preventing excessive reminders.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

3 Likes

@Blacky thanks for the reminder notifications. I think it is a very usable feature!

I am using a general script to send notifications centrally to various devices, this helps when adding/removing devices that should receive notifications. I only need to do it in one place. :slight_smile:

As a consequence I would like to suggest to add a custom action to the reminder notifications, which would let me call the general script.

Or, even bigger ask, could you carve out your great notification capability to a separate artifact that could be used a) by all your great blueprints and b) by the community to send notifications from a single and easy to maintain thing.

Cheers,
Nick

@nicknol

Always nice to here form you
 it was a feature request form the community
 and the other day we missed one.

Thanks for all your suggestions I put down some notes on them.

1 Like

Wow, that’s great. Now it would be another great addition on top of this if you add an action to the reminder notification.
So if you are not able to put a door contact sensor on the machine but you could click on the “I took the fresh laundry” to change the notifcation entity back to on. (Changing it back to off is already possible via ‘Custom Actions - Start’)

@Eimeel

I put this on the list of suggestions.

You don’t need to use a contact sensor (door sensor)

If you have a motion sensor in the laundry you could use that, You could use a toggle helper, any binary sensor or anything that provides an ON state.

1 Like

I’ve got problems getting it to work too.

Heres my plug sending Power Usage. I frequently goes up and down, so i think it cant detect a start.

Can someone help me getting it to work?

Just look for an amperage (current) level that it stays at when nothing is on, set the detection to be when the current falls below a number that is like 25% above the nothing level for 10 minutes. Adjust from there.
It goes on and off but clearly there a steady state that it sits at when done and some time period that will bridg any hold while running.

Doens’t work for me. Look this frequenty downfall to zero :frowning:

@Fischje

There are some questions
 Is this what happens all the time? if so then see below.

• Point A
 look at this for your trigger and adjust the start settings so it triggers the automation.

• The running dead zone
 what time is this try and get this into point B
 looks to be 1 hour and 39 min or total of 99 min ( say 100). Set this in the running dead zone.

• Next look at point C and set the end set point to the power level.

• Next set the end time delay to match point D so you know it is done.

• Fine tune to your liking.

Hope this helps you.

The Trigger at A doens not work, cause of the permanantly up and down, i think.
With this settings it does not work:

@Fischje

Try your Start - Power Time Delay set to 0.1 not 5

Is your running dead zone of 30 correct? It look to me to be around 100.