APsystems APS ECU R local inverters data pull

Very nice Sander, I noticed “P1 Power to grid” is this an entity included in the code from Kyle?

I expect people wanting to know the signal strength of their inverters (though it is a mesh network apparently signal strenght of each inverter can be pulled). Since I only have one inverter, I can’t test if the protocol sheet is correct. I did various tests with signal strengths, one almost on top of the inverter (251) full signal and one behind lead covered glass (169) and (0) which was represented with only the first bar on the signal strength scale. Signal strength varied so pulling with interval can be useful. Maybe these entities are a welcome addition.

Tip: add a remark to the code to discourage people trying random commands because they might alter the configuration “mess it up real bad!”

P1 vallue is what my energy meter measures when panels deliver more then I currently consume, nice addiion on this page, but not a value from the ECU.
curently playing with cards, but i seem no to be able to fit this in one nice page without scrolling:

very happy with this component… thanks a lot Kyle for coding it!

Ah right, I haven’t seen that P1 deliver back to the grid yet :laughing:
Oh wait! Yes, today for the first time since installation.

Happy to hear it working for you guys! Thanks for doing the hard work of figuring out the protocol. I sure wish they just had a documented way to do this - and hope an upcoming firmware update won’t break it.

I can certainly add the signal strength, do you think I should convert that to a percentage instead of 0-255? Seems a bit more user-friendly of a number. “Inverter [ID] Signal Strength” being the name of the sensor?

I can rename the power sensors to “Inverter [ID] Power Channel [1-4]” instead. They are already so long, I was trying to be a bit shorter, If that’s preferred it’s no big deal, I could also just leave out channel, but use 1-4 instead of 0-3.

Hello from Germany,

verry good work. I´ve been waiting for that integration. I have a YC600 with 2 panels and it works fine.
only the lifetime energy is wrong. I have 680 in the EMA App and only 200 in ECU App but that is not a integration problem.

thank you for the integration

Sascha

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen this already, it’s a nice custom card to take power generation, power to grid, etc and turn it into a great at a glance view. I have it on my system - you’ll probably have to make a few template sensors to get all the values you need, but I really like it.

I’m thinking of making a custom UI card for the panels that somewhat emulates the EMA panel layout, since I do like that view to see the power generation as it is on my roof.

2 Likes

I found this in the domoticz forum, they show up the saved CO and trees, does that mean they are connected to the API to show this information?

EMA pulls data from cloud, ECU from local device. I was already wondering if ECU device would have persistance limits orso, maybe youurs got reset once orso

I think a small difference in signal strength is not worth mentioning, for me it was hard enough to even try to break the connection into different strengths, but let’s see how the reactions are on percentage.
Indeed from the user friendly way of thought, Inverter [ID] Power Channel [1-4] is most clear. “Ch” for “Channel” in short is also fine en clearly understandable.

Testing my parser for that new command, signal strength as percent. Surprised it’s this strong as my ecu-r is 2 floors + roof away from the panels.

802000104413 = 0.8509803921568627
802000110269 = 0.8941176470588236
802000110549 = 0.8313725490196079
802000111314 = 0.8352941176470589
802000112342 = 0.8431372549019608
802000113304 = 0.796078431372549
802000113523 = 0.8274509803921568

A welcome to you Sascha! Good that you’ve found it and works for you as well.

tree data is from EMA site, not local. The EMA has APIs
https://apsystemsema.com/ema/ajax/getReportAjax/findECUDetailwithdailyEnergy
http://api.apsystemsema.com:8073/apsema/v1/ecu/getPowerInfo

where did you find the domoticz thread? could even be doing scraping as i cant remember API data is present for trees and co2 savings.

Nice! So the protocol sheet is correct. Indeed, I noticed the same strength in signal (great choice to use an external antenna). This also means that I can easily mount panels on the other site of my house (that will be a SQ1 inverter so it becomes a mix of QS1 and YC600 with ECU-R)

Just pushed a change to git that adds the signal strength of each inverter and changes the names to “Power Ch 1”

Just a heads up there is a device registry in home assistant, so it will not rename the sensor if you were using the last version. You’ll need to update each sensor manually to sensor.inverter_XXXX_power_ch_1 from sensor.inverter_XXXX_power_0 if you want. The description should update though.

New installs will have the correct new sensor name. If you don’t want to rename each element in the UI, you can stop HA and edit the JSON directly in HACONFDIR/.storage/core.entity_registry then start it up again, but be careful as broken JSON will cause problems.

Here’s how my dashboard turned out. I have a zwave power monitoring device to get home power consumption, so I can compare solar generation to house power consumption.

Overview:

Card per inverter

Which zwave device is that ? I have few plug that measure , but don’t measure whole house yet, which I would want to do.

Nice dashboards Kyle. By the way, I’m not too worried that we might get firmware updates. Using our method of pulling data from the ECU-R over WiFi prevents good practice to only perform firmware updates using ethernet/cabled LAN. That is, if you keep the ECU-R unwired to your network.

Sander, I bought a P1 USB to RJ11 cable and inserted it in my smart meter. For the Netherlands there is a DSMR integration (Netbeheer Nederland) I use.

This is the zwave device I have.

1 Like

Great, added them. In about 45 minutes it will be 2021 in the Netherlands! Happy new year all! :champagne: