Custom Solar Power Card the Tesla Style (almost)

Hey I have created a new solar power card because I either wanted nicer graphics or the cards did not have enough info. I have placed mine on github and would be thrilled to get some feedback. Installation instructions can be found there too. Here a low fps gif of it:
tesla-style-card-animation

It’s in HACS also, search for tesla and use the “My awesome thing” card. I’m hoping the description of the card will get updated soon to “Tesla style solar power card”. Let’s see.

21 Likes

Nice! (although I cannot see your gif here in the forum, can see it on github).

that was fast, yeah I was working on that just now, my post is from 2 minutes ago.

Quick, yeah I am just spending friday night drinking wine and watching new posts pop up. Exciting huh?

And i see it now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool, are you planning to add it to HACS?

+1 for adding this to HACS

1 Like

I just started the linting stuff and testing (requirements for hacs) and will try to add it, but I’m not sure how quick that will be, if anyone want to contribute that would be great.

Love it! +1 for hacs!

This is some pretty nice visuals, any chance you can share your lovelace yaml?

I’ve been trying to get it to work on my end, but all the icons just say 0 kW, or 'you must define “entity”;, unless i give it a fake banana entity, then it works :slight_smile:

entity:
  banana_entity: null
grid_consumption_entity: sensor.grid_consumption
grid_feed_in_entity: sensor.grid_feed_in
house_consumption_entity: sensor.house_consumption
solar_consumption_entity: sensor.solar_consumption
solar_yield_entity: sensor.shelly_shem_d3ad1a_2_current_consumption
type: 'custom:tesla-style-solar-power-card'

do all the entitites have to be in watts for this to work? as my battery discharge is in amps

Hadn’t check this for a while, here are my entities:

battery_charge_entity: sensor.battery_charge
battery_charging_entity: sensor.battery_charging
battery_consumption_entity: sensor.battery_consumption
car_battery_entity: sensor.marvin_battery_sensor
car_charging_entity: sensor.marvin_current_charging
entity: sensor.house_consumption
grid_consumption_entity: sensor.grid_consumption
grid_feed_in_entity: sensor.grid_feed_in
house_consumption_entity: sensor.house_consumption
solar_consumption_entity: sensor.solar_consumption
solar_yield_entity: sensor.solar_yield
type: 'custom:tesla-style-solar-power-card'

marvin is the car :wink: That one is optional. I think I kept the entity requirement from the code I took, have to correct that.

Create a template sensor by multiplying your amps by the voltage. The view does not make sense in amps since we are trying to compare the (work) watt/hours flow between all sources and consumers.

1 Like

any chance to update this to work on the latest home assistant as it messed up since latest update, the panel is there still but the lines with the dots flying around are now messed up

had some trouble updating, but hopefully will get this done this week. I’m working on the hacs version but I’m still learning “the right” way to do things, so that version might take some time.

I think I got it, can you check?

1 Like

it’s working again

I just added an MR from CAB426 that solved another small issue about the card not being always drawn correctly. Maybe you want to update again.

Just found this card, it looks great.
Don’t suppose it could support 2 x cars?

Very soon I’ll have:
Solar
House battery (powerwall)

• 2 Evs

Am looking for something just like this !

Thanks

yeah it could it’s just adding one more sensor, but I’m not sure when I’ll get to it.

great work once again thankyou for such a speedy update
:slight_smile: