APsystems APS ECU R local inverters data pull

it means you can acces the ecu data when (assumed) connected to the ecu wifi without cloud login

couldnt find device on normal wifi , hence the assumption. As everyting is stable lately, i’m not messing with ECU now :slight_smile:

I’m hinting at an officially supported way to access the ECU locally: that would be a great step.
And maybe even better: documentation

:slight_smile:

Ahh , wishful thinking you mean :wink:

1 Like

APS had an api a few years ago. They stopt it and now it’s availablre onley for installers with 50 ore more instalations regestered.

Trying to figure this out. But is there a way to prevent an APSystems setup with an ECU-R from producing electricity? (For cases when prices are negative.)

The custom integration was easy to set up once I learned I got an ECU that’s reachable on port 8899 only over Wifi. :smiley:

Switching inverters · ksheumaker/homeassistant-apsystems_ecur · Discussion #225 · GitHub This would unfortunately only work for ECU-R (SunSpec) and ECU-C models because the older ECU-R does not have a web UI.

So this is an old spec ECU-R, correct? (Which is pretty wild, since I bought it less then 6 months ago.)

It has the sunspec logo, but the wrong start of the serial number. No web interface, only the port 8899 thing.

This indeed proves that there is a batch of ECUs that do have the sunspec logo, but are still an “old” ECU, starting with serial number 2160xxxxxxx. I already suspected something like that. Because APSystems does not make it clear via release notes what exactly is included in the firmware updates, you do not know what your ECU is capable of. For example, is the Modbus activated on your ECU? What firmware does it contain? I’m guessing that APSystems accidentally mislabeled a batch. I would ask APSystems for an explanation because you have now paid too much for an outdated model.

Hi, i have a ECU-R to manage my solar panels, installed in 2020, not sure if it can be integrated in HA ?
How can i check that, and if yes, i just didn’t understood where i can get the integration ?

I have the same ECU starting with 2160xxxx so this should work for you: GitHub - ksheumaker/homeassistant-apsystems_ecur: Home Assistant custom component for local querying of APSystems ECU-R Solar System

ok, thks, i am reading that but i can’t get the correct answer to the commands here

[core-ssh .storage]$ nc -v 172.16.0.4 8899 <┘
172.16.0.4 (172.16.0.4:8899) open
APS1100160001END <┘
APS11009400012160000xxxxxxxz%10012ECU_R_1.2.22009Etc/GMT-8

After nc command i get nothing

and if i try to install and configure the integration it gives an error

even with only the IP its the same

In the options, you have also specified the port but Adresse IP does not mention a port so leave that out. Make sure if you use NC from the terminal use:

nc -v 192.168.2.18 8899

here is the nc command in the terminal inside HA
i did also a restart of the ECU-R but its the same
my ECU-R is connected through RJ45

and 18 is the IP via LAN, it is also connected via wifi, so should be another ip ?

ok got it !!!
i found the other IP from the Wifi, and the integration is now ok, but the commands in terminal did’nt work, but seems ok now

1 Like

Anyone know what the steps are to check if modbus is active on this thing? If modbus allows me to set the Sunspec Conn option to 0 or 1 I am happy enough. :smiley:

1 Like

i have the same one and want to check to . perhaps using sunspec integration ?

mine is from 2023/2/23 ECU_R 1.3.10

i answer to my self could help some one.

out of the box no conf

wirded / RJ45

using nmpa tthat’s seems good to me : 502 ok and 4540 ??

Completed ARP Ping Scan at 20:44, 1.65s elapsed (1 total hosts)
Initiating Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 20:44
Completed Parallel DNS resolution of 1 host. at 20:44, 0.00s elapsed
Initiating SYN Stealth Scan at 20:44
Scanning 192.168.3.150 [65535 ports]
Discovered open port 4540/tcp on 192.168.3.150
Discovered open port 502/tcp on 192.168.3.150
Completed SYN Stealth Scan at 20:45, 56.17s elapsed (65535 total ports)

but sunspec integration dosent want to connect …

activation for Sunspec done in emamanager but no more …

Wifi : only 8899 reply

my question is if a use sunspec mod bus can i turn on or off inverters like with the 2162 ?

instructive pdf , it explain ecu-r could do zero injection , the susnpec 2160 has this posibility.

Some years ago I discovered that on the ECU-R some ports are opened and closed again with a five minute interval, a port scan might not detect them,
Have you seen this document: https://global.apsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/03/SunSpec-Modbus.pdf
especially address 40189. I own an older ECU-R with firmware 1.2.28 so I can’t test any of this modbus solution. You might want to experiment with things like modbus doctor.

1 Like

hi haedwin,

thanks for the pdf

not seen this docmument before , i ll give a try , it seems 40189 could do the job !
i’ m agree with port beaviours .
sunspec integration is working too