Apt update broke home assistant

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum section.

I’ve recently (about 2 hours ago) updated my RPI via apt upgrade, and since then Home Assistant hasn’t been running. Looking in /var/log/apt/history.log, I can see docker was updated to (I’m guessing) 5:19.03

My original install was done following https://community.home-assistant.io/t/installing-home-assistant-supervised-on-raspberry-pi-os/201836 a few months ago, and has been running smoothly since then.

Pi3B+, running Pi OS Buster Lite.
Update : 2020-12-05 15:50:51 GMT+11 - OK
Update : 2020-12-12 18:26:30 GMT+11 - Broken

docker -ps shows homeassistant/armv7-hassio-observer:2020.10.1 is running.
browsing to thePi:4357 shows
Home Assistant observer Supervisor: Disconnected

Any ideas?
Cheers
R

3 Likes

Thanks ludeeus,

I’ve performed the downgrade, unfortunately now docker won’t start. Initially it was due to “Unit docker.service is masked”, now that I’ve unmasked it, I get the below.

* docker.service - LSB: Create lightweight, portable, self-sufficient containers.
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/docker; generated)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2020-12-13 08:27:21 AEDT; 9s ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 3300 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/docker start (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 13 08:27:21 gatekeeper systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Create lightweight, portable, self-sufficient containers....
Dec 13 08:27:21 gatekeeper docker[3300]: /usr/bin/dockerd not present or not executable ... failed!
Dec 13 08:27:21 gatekeeper systemd[1]: docker.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 13 08:27:21 gatekeeper systemd[1]: docker.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Dec 13 08:27:21 gatekeeper systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Create lightweight, portable, self-sufficient containers..

Success!

I got it going … I’d botched up the downgrade, needed to replace debian with raspbian

Thanks again ludeeus for pointing me in the right direction

I also broke my home-assistant with update. I followed the instructions to downgrade docker and repair hassio-supervisor and everything seemed to work except I cannot find home-assistant on the network.

Home Assistant observer shows: “Supervisor:Connected”

This is my docker container list. Shouldn’t there be a port for the supervisor?