Aqara buttons and ZHA loosing connection

Recently got a a few of the Aqara zigbee buttons (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001025180258.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.245f4c4d1d2VfJ)

My zigbee setup is done with ZHA using a Sonoff bridge flashed with Tasmota.

All of my other devices seem to be working well, including some of the Aqara temp/humidity/pressure sensors. These on the other hand I have a problem with keeping them connected.

I’m able to add them as a device with no issues - and they seem to work fine for an hour or so with any automations I tie to the appropriate zha_event. But once I don’t use them for an hour or so they seem to loose the connection and not reconnect afterwards unless I re-pair them.

I don’t have any repeaters in the network currently - which I know can sometimes cause issues with some of the Aqara devices.

Just wondering if anyone is using these devices successfully in a ZHA setup without issues with disconnecting. Or otherwise any suggestions for similar devices that do work reliably with ZHA.

I’m having a similar issue with Aqara (No Neutral) Wall Switches. Same setup as you (ZBBridge flashed with Tasmota).

Im beginning to think that Aqara Zigbee devices have a weird (longer?) timeout and just fall off the network without recovering. I wonder if there is anything that can be done to be more “accepting” on the bridge side

I have the same issue, but with another Aqara remote (WXKG07LM). Did you find a solution for this problem?

Using ZHA with conbee II stick.

Have 4 Aqara one-button and they work with no problems at all. A total of 60 devices on the zigbee network, including a number of Aqara plugs

Maybe you should try and include some mains (e.g. plugs or bulbs) to stabilize the zigbee network.

My understanding is that like most non mains-powered Zigbee devices, they benefit from having repeaters around but are kind of finicky about what repeaters they work with. I think the current theory is that some repeaters have a end device timeout that is shorter than the Aqara check-in frequency.

A Hubitat user wrote a fairly comprehensive post about this a couple of years ago:
Xiaomi & Aqara Devices - Pairing & Keeping them connected
There are probably repeaters that work with Aqara devices that weren’t around back then, but some of the repeaters that the post lists as compatible with Aqara devices are still around and easy to obtain.

Best of luck!

1 Like

I have an Smart Wall Switch H1 EU with Neutral from Aquara and I see the same. The device constantly disconnects and seemingly random times.
grafik

I think I found out what is happening. Aquara mains devices have a timeout time of about 900s.

I tried with 400s, 600s and 900s. Once I was at 900s I stopped seeing any connection lost issues.

My setup is german, but I guess you find this option under:
Settings > Devices & Services > Konfigure (Zigbee Home Automation)
and scroll to the very bottom.

grafik

Note: The short disconnect you see above was caused by another reconfiguration of the network. It has nothing to do with the problem as described above.

Having the same issue with aquara zigbee leak sensors and I bought them because someone said they work good with HA, I pair it and they disconnects after about 10 mins, or if I change the battery it disconnects and does not re-connect. I can re-pair and it sees it as the same device but then again disconnects, I can’t use these to unreliable