Aqara H1 switch looses power

Hi,

I recently installed an Aqara H1 EU (no neutral) wall switch to test it. Works well with ZHA but for the decoupled mode I had to switch to Zigbee2MQTT.
While I got that to work it seems like the switch it losing power/restarting from time to time. I think mostly when I click it and/or the smart light bulb behind the switch is turned on/off. For example an automation turns on the smart light bulb, it stays on for a second or two and then the H1 relay turns everything off and is unresponsive for a moment.

Does anyone know I could fix that? I suspect it might be due to the minimum required W? The switch only controls one single IKEA smart light bulb which does not consume much power…

I think the problem is the minimal load needed to power the device. Using a test setup and a normal (non LED, non smart) light bulb makes the switch works very well. Unfortunate but I guess thats physics…

I have the same issue when using the no neutral version with smart bulbs. The version WITH neutral works just fine, but the no neutral version becomes “unclickable” when the smart bulb is set to off.

That is, instead of turning the smart bulb on/off I have to turn the switch on/off in my automations. Just installed all this today, so will have to experiment. But that seems to work. I use the smartness in the bulbs for colour temperature and brightness, so I guess I then would have to use the switch as the trigger instead of the light.

@LastSamurai Did you get this sorted? That is, have you been able to use Aqara H1 with no neutral with IKEA Trådfri smart bulbs? It’s exactly the same setup I have. I also have some with neutral and they work perfectly (so far).

No I was never able to fix this. It looks like a higher load on the line is needed to provide enough power for the no neutral version unfortunately

Same issues here, has anyone figured it out?

Over a year after the last reply, I keep having the same problem. Anyone has found a working solution?

I’ve thought of some possibilities:

• Including electric capacitors in parallel in the circuit, as it seems to work when the non-smart bulbs flicker.

• Including an electric resistance in the circuit to increase the power demand, which would increase the electric consumption.

• Maybe some sort of “magic software” that helps increase the electric consumption of the bulbs when they’re off.

I’ve already tried to set the brightness value (not the %) to 1 (instead of turning lights off), but it doesn’t work either.

Let’s see if this has any solution… Otherwise, is it happening with other brands?