Aqara knob H1 (wireless) with Homekit Controller

I’m relatively new to Home Assistant and recently acquired an Aqara Wireless Dimmer (Xiaomi ZNXNKG02LM control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT). I’ve successfully added my Aqara M2 hub to the HomeKit Controller and connected the dimmer to the M2 hub. It appears in the controller interface similar to other wireless buttons.

However, I’m facing an issue when trying to set up automations with it. The dimmer only offers options for “single press,” “double press,” and “long press,” which means I can only use it as a remote button.

I’ve read various articles and forum discussions, such as the one found here (Aqara knob H1 (wireless) automations), but it seems that the example code provided works with Zigbee2MQTT or ZHA integrations. Currently, I’m using the Aqara M2 hub via HomeKit Controller, and I’m unsure how to configure the Aqara M2 hub as a Zigbee hub using Zigbee2MQTT or ZHA.

Is there a way to utilize the dimmer with HomeKit Controller, or do I need to use it via the ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT add-on to access advanced features like rotation?

Please advise on the best approach for integrating the dimmer into Home Assistant while retaining its full functionality.

Thank you for your assistance!

1 Like

I don’t think there are any ways to use it in HomeKit, since the device does not expose rotation. So, basically, it’s just a very expensive stupid button in HomeKit.

Aqara is very tricky with this. They keep advertising HomeKit compatibility but it’s BS. The same is valid for their “Smart” plug: it does not expose power measuring in HomeKit, making it just a dumb switch.

Totally agree with that statement. Additionally I always regret buying Aqara devices, they look real nice but they are utter trash in reality.