Aqara M2 gateway support

Hi @boheme61 and Hello everyone
I’m trying to bind my M2 with HA following this procedure but I have the same problem of @Roka0304
I can’t install the HK-C because every time I try to install it I receive message that there are no devices to add.

I try to reset and disconnect the M2 many times, I never added the M2 to homekit because I’m an Android user I’m using only with Aquara Home App and the M2 is connected with lan cable.

I red all this conversation but I can’t add the M2 to HA, maybe I still miss something.

just to be sure that the reset was made in the right way I check and M2 became available to be added to the Aquara app again but not in the HK-C

thanks to everyone

Hi , you start your first post with “pinging” 2 people, is that to inform us , that you gave up after 0min read time ? ( and you say you read this whole Topic, and might have “followed” links also , just to check whether you would get some better understanding ? )… as you might have seen, is that your question, is so much similar to most , and with nothing “new” under that “Moon”
What do you expect me to say ? … try again ? … reed twice ? , From now on i refuse to answer same question , over and over again, so thanks to everyone for your interest in my opinion, but it works for me, i’ve never had problems spite i’ve added the M2 to 3 different VM’s, and initially Supervised, and i’ve noticed that the official Documentation for the integration(s) is also updated , so i don’t need to say ( make sure(try) to restart, after that try again, then you could try again another way (i.e hols the button for 5-10 seconds , 15 ? , make sure it’s on the same network etc. etc.
Most of all Don’t @ anyone in a request , when you literately just signed up here, and didn’t care to read the first post

sorry for disturbing you…
anyway I read all the topic twice, maybe I wasn’t logged in.
I try different times, I will try again and again.

thanks for your help

https://community.home-assistant.io/search?q=add%20aqara%20m2%20to%20homekit%20controller

Good luck, im sure you solve it soon

I just did that @Blackway said, and in HA I think it’s stuck on this

I reset the G2H Pro camera hub, add it to the Aqara App, then to Homekit on iOS, then remove it from Homekit. In HA go to Add integration → Apple HomeKit Controller → found it and then this spins like 10 minutes now like in the screenshot.

If I may, I’d like to add to your instructions because I figured out how to get access to the Aqara app while using HA.

1. First install the Aqara iOS App and register the M2 Hub, this should add to HomeKit. Then add all accessories.
  2. After that remove the M2 from Apple Home app’s HomeKit. Don’t use the 10 second reset button to do this.
  3. Got to HA and install the HomeKit-Controller via http://192.168.1.1:8123/_my_redirect/config_flow_start?domain=homekit_controller It will find the M2 and its accessories and add to HA.
  4. Your iOS app should still have it loaded

Note: for a full setup reset, press reset button for 10 seconds, release, and see yellow light means that it’s able to pair a new HomeKit setup.

4 Likes

Can I do that for multiple Aqara Hubs under the same SSID?
I have my server on garage 6 floors under my appartment so the Sonoff Dongle Plus not working for me. For this reason i must to have on my setup 4 Aqara Hubs each one for my apartment floor. So this it good but it will work withh 4 hubs and their devices? Thanks!

I think you are the right “candidate” to answer that question, based upon your premises , i doubt you’ll find many if any will similar circumstances :wink:

Yep but i don’t want to lose a ton of money to found it out… if go with this only hubs are160+€…

well still, your “scenario” is for an “outsider” still VERY unclear … you might want to explain your needs in more details, as it’s simply impossible to answer, and also why you need 4 hubs, etc. etc.
1 thing is clear !, your server is in the basement, there are 6 floors up to your apartment ( Solution; connect the hub through Ethernet ), so whats about the rest of the hub ? … So you See ?, try to write down your “situation/ use-case”
I also don’t know where you live and what the cost you mention is all about, but if you already have 1, then see if you can buy a second-hand, or simply ask Aqara-Support, whether their mobile-APP supports 2 hubs(thats an indicator), you can have as many hubs in HA as you want, maby not in same integration thou, but that’s an integration-limit

I have been having issues with Aqara E1 TRV’s dropping from HA using ZHA. I have plenty of Zigbee routers and have been having no success in solving it. I then decided to buy the M2 hub but wasn’t confident after reading various threads like this!

I seem to have fixed my issue so far so I thought I would post on here if it helps anyone.

Firstly I do not have an Apple device and I use a Samsung.

I installed the Aqara app
I added the M2 to the app
I upgraded the firmware of M2 to the new Matter version (I didn’t enable Matter)
I added a TRV to the app
I upgraded the firmware of the TRV
I went into HA and Homekit was found and waiting to be configured
I entered the Homekit ID of the M2

I was extremely delighted to see my hub and TRV showing as devices in the Homekit integration!!!

I then removed the TRV from my Zigbee integration.

My hub and Zigbee dongle are on different levels but I will try and add them all to the M2 but if the ones further away struggle then I may keep them on the dongle as they seem fine anyway.

Also I now have battery information where I didn’t on the dongle. I was considering changing to MQTT to get this extra information and try and fix my original issue but didn’t want to break 99% of devices that work fine and the M2 seemed the best thing to try.

Finally it is worth adding that I can control the TRV from both the Aqara app and HA.

1 Like

It’s a huge house with multiple floors and not good signal of every radio wave because of building insulation (iron constructions and concrete) It’s not important for nobody “the situation” only the thing that i need 4 hubs in my setup. What Hub connect with ethernet? the Sonoff Dongle Plus? It’s usb. I don’t have problem with connection of Aqara Hubs, i can connect them with any way (ethernet or wifi in case of M2) , the problem is it’s not enaugh the signal for all my floors. I to build an alarm system with aqara sensors and temperatute monitor in -1, 6th,7th and 8th floors. Eatch floor has seperate asus wifi 6 router ax82u and the main in 7th floor ax88u so as you see we need “power” here to coverage the house completly… For this i need more than 1 hub. I don’t want any other zigbee device than sensors. I have eveything else connected with WiFi, lights, bulbs, switches etc. So the only thing that i need zigbee is that.

I’m living in Greece so I can’t find second hand here. Aqara it’s not interest for nothng outside the aqara app. I want to know if i can use them on HA, if they was want to work their products with HA they wqould make an integration… So my problem is, even not see all the 4 hubs in HA and i see only one as you say (as integration limit) I would see all my devices that connects on 4 hubs?

Just google that , lots of Ethernet connected Zigbee coordinators out there
Thou it’s an interesting project you have going on there, initially i thought it was your own apartment, on 1 floor , thou high up, and if it’s concrete building you most likely need 1 on every floor ( how many square-meter are each floor ? )

Well i have been in contact with them twice ( true it has only been their “low-level” email-support correspondence) , Thou they absolutely show no interest in supporting Aqara product, outside their own mobile APP, IF someone in their “higher” department dont “WAKEUP”, they will go down the drain , so there’s no other way than "more n more people pushing them, they seems to be out, or “in the game” early in regards to “Matter” , thou that wont help them much if they keep “placing” them self in their own “corner” … in fact Matter is a Matter of communicating with “each other”

As mentioned i doubt many people have experience in a HA system in your “Size” , and i can only “help” with trying to ADD my IKEA-Zigbee-Hub to Homekit-Controller, as it seems to be able to handle several Controllers. BUT , there can only be 1 Controller in each Zigbee network. So each network has to be on it’s own individual channel, and looking at the Zigbee-channels struckture, i see no problems in having 3 networks, after that it starts to get tricky , to avoid interference … even thou it’s not the same as WIFI channels, then it’s still on the same 2.4 gHz

1 Like

So it’s working but it’s good for no more than 3 Zigbee networks around. If i use 2 hubs for my 6, 7 and 8 floors and another one hub on -1 (6 floors bellow) i think i would not have any problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

yes, if the “building/floors” is of various “layout” you can test with your current hub and use a few “repeaters” (most i.e zibee switches are “repeaters”) so that way yo can expand the distance of each zigbee network, so i.e place a zigbee switch near Hallway/stairs to upper floor, and another on next floor ( so they are in contact with eachother) ,
I would start from 1 end top-floor, or basement, then go on from there, my Aqara seems to have best coverage, so i think you should be able to have 1 covering 2-3 floors, with “repeater”
I live in wooden house, have Aqara in middel(1st floor), covering basement and 2ndt top floor, Ikea-zigbee controller(tradfri) doesn’t have so good/strong signal, so i use t only for few ikea lights, on 1st floor as well. Aqara is for sensors temp/humid door-sensors, motion-sensors (thou i have 2 "switch for in-wall-socket(behind ordinary switch installation) thou haven’t installed these yet, they can work as repeaters)

EDIT:

https://www.rfwireless-world.com/Terminology/zigbee-channels.html

Zigbee Channels Explained - Smart Home Perfected

Unfortunately, I did not manage to connect the hub via HomeKit. I tried everything that was written here. I reset the settings to the factory settings, reset the network and in the “Pair” mode tried to find a hub in the HA.

I don’t have a iOS device, so I can’t try to connect and remove it. I read that you can do without it, but the HomeKit Controller does not see it at all.

u dont need a ios( which i believe is also mentioned in this topic ), i have only android, and aqara home app
obviously you are doing something wrong, but as you claim you have done everything mentioned “here” and done it correctly , no-one can help you … on the other hand if you stated the procedure you followed ( step by step ) with all relevant details such a state of the hub, prior use etc. etc. … then someone might be able to give you a hint

I have Hub M2 EU in stock. Updated to the latest firmware (with Matter). Let’s go in order:

1. Connected the Hub via Ethernet cable
  2. Turned off the power and waited for the Hub to switch to Offline mode
  3. Turned on, waited for the yellow singal to pass
  4. Pressed the button for 10 seconds to reset the network
  5. The hub has switched to the network search mode (yellow-green signal flashes)
  6. Switched to Home Assistant, then chose HomeKit Controller in integrations
  7. Gives an error “No devices available for pairing were found”

Between 5. and 6. you did not connect the hub to the Aqara App?

No. I didn’t connect it to the Aqara app