Aqara Mini Switch Only Shows Battery

Hello all. I have an Aqara Mini Switch connected to HA via the Xiaomi integration using an Aqara Hub-M2. Integration seems to work fine as I have several Aqara motion sensors connected the same way and all are fine.

But the Mini Switch… It is discovered by the integration, but only shows the Diagnostic entities (battery, identity). The switch identity is missing.

After reading up on this, I went to Developer Tools and started a listener, but nothing fires on the bus when I press the button.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Progress. Found another post and after a lot of trial and error, this worked:

Go to Device entry for the Button. Create a new Automation. It populates the Trigger section with the correct sequence. Tested with a light and it worked fine.

1 Like

Ran into the same thing and that worked. I gotta say it was quite unexpected that there were no other entities added when the device was discovered.

I wished this worked…
I have an EcoDim switch and that one also only shows Battery.
When in automation there are no added functionalities, just the battery (level), so cannot continue like you did.
I also refreshed the deConz but that didn’t change anything.

DeCOnz is the worst Zigbee solution for HA. Try ZHA or Zigbee2Mqqt. DeConz is a waste of time, really.

Not a seasoned user so can I ask how you created an automation with only the battery showing in the device list ?

@yycguy I wondered the same thing as the only visible entities for the mini switch are the battery level and the hidden RSSI and LQI ones.

What worked for me is creating the automation from the device’s info page. Under Settings → Device & services → → Automations (click + button). From there, you can build an automation using the short press, double button press, and long press events.

After creating one automation like that I found if I created a new automation from scratch and selected device, the button press events would show up as triggers for the Aqara Mini Switch device. Then it was business as usual.

Hope this helps!

Thank you, I’ll give it a try

I’ve got exactly this problem, and I’ve done exactly what was suggested here. But the button still doesn’t actually work :confused:

I see nothing in the log for the device other than “Button Zha Event was fired” from like yesterday when I added it (not when I actually press it).

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

FYI: I’m using a Sonoff 3.0 stick I bought yesterday with Zigbee Home Automation integration, and this setup works for an Aqara contact sensor and vibration sensor, eventually (after much patience with pairing, they eventually start actually working, but not the button).

Then chances are your button wasn’t paired properly.

Given the fact that you also had issues pairing your other devices, I’d say you have massive interference going on. Have you read and followed @Hedda’s excellent guide? Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimizing using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get best possible range and coverage

1 Like

Thanks for the link! I’ll work through those tips and come back if still stuck…

I do currently have the Sonoff stick plugged into my Pi 5 in my Kitchen where I also have an AP pretty nearby, as well as the existing Aqara E1 hub and both are apparently trying to use channel 25!

Based purely on that sentence, there’s already a bunch of red flags I’d look into:

• Remove (or at least unpair devices from) the Aqara E1 hub. You won’t need it if you have a separate dongle for HA.
  • If you’re not going to remove the hub, at least move ZHA away from channel 25.
  • Check wifi & zigbee channel overlaps, because you might still need to change channels (either wifi or zigbee) anyway.
  • Plug your dongle into a USB 2 port. Don’t use the USB 3 ports on your pi for this.
  • Add a USB extender cable to your dongle to avoid interference from the pi itself.
  • The kitchen is bad place to locate both your pi and dongle. Besides increased humidity and oil particles in the air, things like microwaves are notoriously bad for interference.
1 Like