Aqara Motion Sensor P1 stopped working on 2023.9.2

Hey All, I have been using an Aqara Motion Sensor P1 for a year-ish now. I had issues at the start, as it was not supported fully and I had to use a querk to get it shown in HA via ZHA. Since support can in I have not really had any issues using it.

When I upgraded to 2023.9.1 it stopped working. It was still shown as a device but the detection always showed “clear”. I could still alter the settings, I could enable the “trigger indicator” setting so the LED would flash when movement was detected and this worked and showed it was getting triggered.

I then upgraded to 2023.9.2 in the hope this would resolve the problem but it did not. Today I restored a backup of 2023.8.4. The sensor is now working as expected. I guess I am stuck on this build until the root cause has been fixed. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am not sure where to log this as a bug, how to report the issue to get it resolved?

I also saw on version 2023.9.* I saw higher load on my system, jumping from 4-5 percent CPU load average to 6-7 percent average

Same result on 2023.10.1, P1 sensor gave no updates, alway showing clear. Rollback to 2023.8.4 and it is working again.

Thanks for all the help on this topic!! Great community support.

The same issue on 2023.12.1 rolled back to 2023.8.4 and is now working again.

Finally, I solved the problem.

I upgraded to 2024.1.5 but still had the same problem, the motion and occupancy stats wouldn’t update. I had already tried removing and re-adding the device but I tried this again but still no luck. I then remembered that I had installed a quirk for this device, I did say about it in the original post. I guess it has been well over a year since I added it, so I assumed it wasn’t affecting anything.

I had to remove the quirk from my /config/quirks folder for the P1 motion sensor. Then I had to remove the device and re-add it. After this, the P1 started functioning normally!!

It would have been great to get some support with this or understand a better way to debug this problem but at least I can leave this trail for anyone else having the same problem to pick up.