Aqara N100 lock with Zigbee/BLE

Maybe you should try this integhration, similar to XG3, but for Aqara hubs: GitHub - niceboygithub/AqaraGateway: Aqara Gateway/Hub integration for Home Assistant
You didn’t mention the type of your gateway, but if this is an M1S for example, you can flash a custom firmware, so keep telnet while in Aqara Home mode, so you can add N100 in original app, while HA can control the device too.

Cheers, Andras! Do you know if this hub/integration works offline, or does it need a cloud connection?

Hello Smurf,

Unfortunately no experience yet, just planning to order an M1S CN (have the EU one, but I was told its firmware is signed, so not possible to replace with a custom one). I suppose if you can enable telnet on the hub, HA control will be done locally, so no need for internet connection, but better to ask the author (maybe some polling etc. is still in place). Personally I want to keep the possibility to control through the original app and with HA at the same time (don’t ask why :smiley: )

I agree with you there. I still want the app to work for convenience and ease, but none of my HA units on my network shall need a cloud or gets access to internet. These finicky hubs everywhere that needs attention in every way I could easily be without :wink:
Give us some feedback when you have tested your setup, though! :+1:t2:

Finally an offline-solution that may work!

3 Likes

Did you manage to integrate your lock using ble_monitor ?
I can’t find any info on how to set it up for the N100.

don’t know how to extract the encryption key (or even if it is need)

Velcome to the forum for interesting ideas and solutions!
Yes I did! There were some initial problems that confused me(I didn’t get consequent announcements from the N100), but the later versions have seemed to fix these quirks.
You do need the encryption key/pairing key to make this work. I used this:

And I think you will find all your answers in this very fine and explanatory description:

If not, just ask. I surely do not have all the answers, but we’re all in this boat together. :wink:

Hi Smurf,

Is your N100 the EU zigbee plus BLE version?
If so, did you pair it with MI Home or Aqara Home?

Because all the extraction tools use the MI Home.
Problem with MI Home is that I need to use the Mainland China servers in order to pair the door lock ( or am I wrong ?)

Can you give me a bit more details about your setup?

Thanks!

I’ve got the BLE version, and consequently I’d have to use the Chinese mainland server(for setup) Works very well with the passive BLE via HACS, but it seems like your lock is the international one with zigbee? Can’t say that I have any experience nor information about that one I’m sorry to say.

Hi there

I read this thread with big interest as I plan to buy the Aqara N100 as well. As far as I read there are two version, one with Bluetooth only, one with Zigbee and BT. The one with BT can be integrated via the ble monitor component. The Zigbee-version requires a Xiaomi Hub and cant be integrated in HA.

I still have open questions and hope to get some clarification :wink:

• Can the BT-version be exposed to Homekit via the Homekit-integration in HA?
  • Can the Zigbee-Version be integrated in HA via BT like the BT-only version?
  • are there any expected firmware-upgrades or custom-components to integrate the Zigbee-version?
  • How is the BT-version connected to a Raspberry 4? via the onboard-BT?

best regards

Andrew

I’ll try to enlighten you to some extent;)

• Can the BT-version be exposed to Homekit via the Homekit-integration in HA?
  • I do think so, since the lock has separate chipsets for Xiaomi and HomeKit. I actually think that I tested this some time ago and it showed up in HomeKit. (But this was the BT only version)
  • Can the Zigbee-Version be integrated in HA via BT like the BT-only version?
  • From reading about others experience I understand that it utilises a different BT protocol and therefore you can’t use the BLE passive monitoring for this. Maybe via Aqara/Xiaomi gateway.
  • are there any expected firmware-upgrades or custom-components to integrate the Zigbee-version?
  • Sorry, I have no idea. Aqara doesn’t seem to have any information about the FW revisions anywhere.
  • How is the BT-version connected to a Raspberry 4? via the onboard-BT?
  • I’m actually using the onboard BT on a raspberry 4. If you have considerable distance/walls between the N100 and the pi you might want to consider a BT dongle.
1 Like

many thanks for your quick reply, appreciate that!

would you mind test again if the lock is being exposed in Homekit via the Homekit-integration? I tend to buy the BT-version as the Zigbee-version doesnt seem to be integrable in HA.

what is your experience with the lock? have you had any connection-issues or problems via BT? I would prefer the Zigbee-version due to the more stable type of connection compared to BT. On the other hand I cant use it in HA and wont have any benefit except the connection-type.

many thanks

Andrew

I’m not anywhere near the lock right now, and I’m not sure when I can test the HomeKit feature, but I’ll see what I can do :wink:

I would have liked the lock to have zigbee to, but BT does work thanks to Ernst. I’m getting messages on my phone whenever anyone uses the lock which is what I wanted.
Sorry that I can’t help you with the zigbee version. Have a look at the alternative firmware for the Aqara gateways over at GitHub. They might have a solution for connecting it to HA.

many thanks, the custom-component passive BLE monitor looks very promising.

hopefully my last question :stuck_out_tongue: : how did you get bluetooth working? I installed the bluetooth tracker-component (Bluetooth Tracker - Home Assistant) but cant find any devices for an initial test. do I have to enable it elsewhere, maybe somewhere on the SD-card where the OS is installed?

I also installed the passive BLE monitor componentent from HACS that you are using. The MAC-address of bluetooth is:00:00:00:00:00:00 (hci0). I doubt that this is correct.

You don’t need the Bluetooth tracker, only the passive monitor from HACS. Have a look at the installation instructions and follow these:

You should be up and running in no time if you do, and have one of the supported units for testing :wink:

Luckily I have a second Raspi with a Home Assistant OS, I will give it try. With my productive system I couldnt get it to run. update: got it running :wink:

a question of understanding: you poll the status of the lock via BT and the passive monitor integration. can you also use the entities to for example lock the door via HA or is it just for monitoring but not interacting with the entities?

If its just for monitoring, how do you interact with the lock , e.g locking it?

It’s only passive monitoring(as the name insinuates). I do not know if is possible to interact actively with the lock in any other way than the app, and locking/unlocking is done manually with the lever.

You say you have a Zigbee dongle - are you using zigbee2mqtt?:

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/advanced/support-new-devices/01_support_new_devices.html#instructions

I have added previous unsupported zigbee devices before with minimal hassle, which includes xiaomi products.

Zigbee2MQTT integrates seamlessly with HA and is fully supported

https://dzen.ru/a/ZffoqWO8YWA6MBtI and https://dzen.ru/a/Zg5nNBHnsk6exK_f (in Russian). Connect Aqara N100 with Aqara Hub M1S to HomeAssistant