Aqara N100 lock with Zigbee/BLE

Do anyone know if it is possible to enable Zigbee on this lock? (I’m thinking of the Chinese version sold with only BLE) Someone from Aqara has said that all these locks has a Zigbee chip but they’re not activated in the firmware for the BLE units.

Edit; I tried the apparent and easy way by updating via Aqara Home app and European server, with no luck… Please do make my life easier by enabling Zigbee for all the N100 locks, Aqara…(picture me in a religious position on my knees)

1 Like

I’ve tried the following version and make sure it supports the Zigbee 3.0
https://www.aqara.com/en/smart_door_lock_n100.html

By the way, there is no way to activate the zigbee independently like other zigbee devices.
After adding to the Aqara app via Bluetooth, there is an option to add this lock to the Aqara M2 gateway from the app.

Thanks! But then I would have to buy an entirely new lock it seems.
I’ve seen a comment from an Aqara representative on Reddit where he claims that all the BT versions of N100 has a Zigbee chip and all that is needed is a firmware update from Aqara.

From what i understood there are two versions of N100 lock: chinees BT only and international with zigbee 3.0 and BT.

Its almost impossible to find international version because its officially sold only in Russian for now.
I have just ordered International version with Zigbee support.

Does anyone knows if there are support in Home assistant ZHA?

That’s my understanding as well. But an official Aqara representative did state that all N100 locks had a zigbee module. Aqara hasn’t released a firmware that open up this feature, though. Instead they have released a “new” N100….

Can’t say if it integrates with HA, but I bought a Xiaomi Gateway 3 that I have flashed with @zvldz custom firmware together with @AlexxIT custom integration(HACS) in a attempt to integrate it in HA via BT. It doesn’t work offline though which is a problem for me since I’m a paranoid HA purist that wants complete control of my system. But maybe it will solve some of you problems!

Maybe they will update firmware in future but also big chance that it will not happing now they have a new version of N100.
For now i will wait till my N100 arrive (next week) then i will test it with HomeAssistant and will report my results here. I don’t have xiaomi gateway , i hope it will work direct with Home assistant

Considering the statement, my guess is that it is the same hardware with different firmware that enables the zigbee module. I hope that Aqara finds it preferable to have happy and loyal customers rather than selling a couple more. In fact I did open up a spare front panel I have laying around and poked a little bit around. I’ll see if I can post some pictures here. But I guess all the fun is to be found in the rear panel. We’ll see if they don’t give me an zigbee update, or if it can’t be solved by Alexxit and Zvldz! :wink:

Custom firmware just an option. Everything works with the original gateway firmware.

That’s true. Thanks for pointing out! Still wishing for offline mode with your eminent integration though! :wink:

Just received my Aqara n100 zigbee edition
I can confirm it’s a zigbee version

The problem is that I don’t know how try to add it in home assistant. I cannot find anything to enter pair mode.
From aqara app I have a option to add lock to hub but it wants aqara zigbee hub and I don’t have one.

Anyone idea?

There is no way to add zigbee devices to HA without a hub/gateway that supports zigbee of some kind.

I’m using home assistant as hub.
Have a zigbee stick and have more than 50 ZigBee devices connected to home assistant.

I mean that i cannot find any button on the lock to include it in ZigBee network.

The only mention about ZigBee is in the aqara app, but what i can see is that lock can be only paired to aqara ZigBee hub and not a third party hub like home assistant

From aqara website:

1 Like

Ah! I see. :grin: Sorry, but I have no idea how this is implemented by Aqara since I have the BT version. Xiaomi(and their suppliers) is turning a bit proprietary it seems, so maybe you will need an Xiaomi/Aqara gateway to pair it. Please share if you find a solution.

I bought aqara zigbee hub to test and was able to connect n100 via ZigBee to aqara hub but the lock is not showing up in home assistant Xiaomi integration, other test device is showing up immediately after adding it to aqara hub.

I tried many options but was not able to connect n100 to home assistant directly conbee usb stick or via aqara hub.

I have strong feeling that Xiaomi disabled any option to use lock with third party system. Only aqara hub or home kit.

I was hoping to see state of lock in home assistant :neutral_face:

Sorry to hear that it didn’t work out for you. You’re not able to use the HomeKit integration in HA either?
I would recommend trying Xiaomi gateway 3 with Alexxit’s integration if it would be possible to use it locally.
Xiaomi is forcing their customers to use their cloud for several products and that doesn’t work very well for me.

Tried everything and nothing works.

Will wait maybe in future someone will discover way to add lock.

Well, I agree with Smurf - did you tried Xiaomi gateway 3 with AlexxIT integration? (GitHub - AlexxIT/XiaomiGateway3: Control Zigbee, BLE and Mesh devices from Home Assistant with Xiaomi Gateway 3 (ZNDMWG03LM) on original firmware
Most likely, the gateway will support the lock - but the question is rather whether the lock from the native Aqara app will see XG 3. So, if you have a Xiaomi gateway, it will be great if you try to attach a lock in HA through it. And then let us know if it worked, and if not, at what stage did something go wrong

It ought to work, but you will have to test it. I have the Gateway 3, but my N100 only have BT so I can’t help you with this. Actually I really don’t like the solution with the Gateway 3. One thing is the privacy aspect where Xiaomi forces us to use their cloud, but the fact that the Gateway seizes to work when your internet connection goes down is a bit of a problem in several ways.
Right now I’m barking up the BLE tree to get the BLE advertisements from the N100 into HA. Looking at the Bluetooth.py in Alexxit’s repository makes me wonder if this could be used to implement the N100 into ESPHome or GitHub - custom-components/ble_monitor: Passively monitors BLE messages from Xiaomi Mijia BLE MiBeacon, Qingping, ATC, Xiaomi Scale, Govee, Kegtron, iNode and Thermoplus sensors
But I’m no codemonkey so I’m not sure of the possibilities or limitations…

I have a spare front panel for the N100 that I opened up if anyone wants to see the insides(sorry for the low quality pictures…)

Got some feedback from it as well :wink: