Aqara new people presence sensor FP2

Updating mine now. There also appears to be an updated iOS app that downloaded for me last night. The presence history was reset, and you can now see presence history per zone. The default zone seems to have a Chinese name for me, and you can no longer report detection errors. When you click the little icon to do that, the app displays a message saying “page not found, much sadness” and the only way to get out of it is to force quit the app. Probably related to the addition of the presence history per zone and poor Q&A that didn’t find that bug.

Too soon to comment on the FP2 update yet but the iOS app is even worse than the previous version…
Full of Chinese labels and the map is completely broken this time. On previous versions, realtime updates were not functioning but you could at least update the display manually by going to another page and back, but this time it doesn’t update at all, or maybe partially once in 10 attempts, then back to empty on the next one.

Update: just found out that the only way to update the map now is to go to the overflow and back.

This app is hopeless, Aqara, wake-up !

Leave feed back in the App Store the devs read it.

Done that obviously, but I just hope they may read this thread as well :wink:

I know this app has nothing to do with HA and we normally don’t care much about it because we don’t need it with their zigbee stuff but here unfortunately this is the only way to actually configure the device and even if it probably only is a one time use, right now it’s a PITA to configure zones without realtime updates.

1 Like

This might not help you, but the Android App works reasonably well. So if you have a Android device it would make configuration easier for you.

2 Likes

Ordered FP2 on Amazon UK on 7 May and was due for delivery today but got an email this morning saying they’d cancelled my order due to no stock!!

I’m stuck on point 5.
I have removed the sensor from the Home app and can still ping it. However, the device is not found in HA. Even if I start the manual search. Has anyone else had this problem? I have the feeling that the Homekit controller does not work for me in the HA.

Have you power cycled the FP2 sensor after removing it from Apple HomeKit? It will not show up in Home Assistant until that is done.

Yes, I took it off the power once. Several times, in fact. But unfortunately without success

I know but I don’t have any and I’m not keen to buy an android device just for a one-time configuration.
What would be nice, is an (free) android device emulator running on MacOS (or on windows in a VM in MacOS) :nerd_face:

Probably better on Linux, because that is still the base on Android

Isn’t MacOs the best Linux distro ? :grin:

Well I cant tell you because I dont want to waste money on horrible over priced electronics. :sunglasses:

I have a weird problem. I have 4 FP2s 1 showed up in Home Assistant, 3 don’t. I removed them from homekit app, power cycles numerous times… Updated them to latest firmware a couple of times… Anyone any idea?

I have the same issue (only the first sensor was added successfully). The suggested power cycle solution doesn’t work. I also restarted HA with no luck. (At some stage, HA did pick up one of the sensors, but it failed to add the sensor with the blue circle running for minutes. No luck after that.)
I used the Android app for the initial setup as I don’t use Apple Homekit.
Edit: I have found that after removing the sensors (not detected by HA) from the Aqara app and adding them again, HA was able to discover the other FP2 sensors.

Hey, Super interesting Forum, with lots of great tips. so thanks to all in advance - I’m interested to know if anyone knows a way to expose the “Reset Presence” setting in Home Assistance OR if there is a way to do this natively in the HA. - my reasoning is even tho I have a setup that’s pretty robust and doesn’t get ghosting often - I’ve had a few instances where a ghost has persisted just as my mode system has switched to “night mode” which has caused kitchen ( where the FP2 is) to remain on all night. what I want to do is create a rule that says when / if Sleep mode kicks in wait 10mins or so and then refresh presence. This will flush any false positives - I would have this work alongside the motion sensors for finer control. Any thoughts? Thanks

1 Like

Are they on the same network (and VLAN) as HA? I have two separate networks for HA (media and IOT) and had to move them to the other one since the HomeKit controller simply won’t find anything on the network that’s not “primary” for HA…

Not of which I’m aware. It might be possible for someone to sniff the packets being sent from the app to the device (potentially by way of their cloud service, since you have to have the app and device connected to the internet for the Aqara app to work) and then reverse engineer the call. But there’s no documented way to do that from what I can tell.

1 Like

For me they are in the same VLAN.

Thanks for the reply - I seem to have worked out a way to mitigate false positives using motion sensors and a lil rejig of placements. but that reset option would be so much easier. a challenge for the more technically versed in this community it seems :wink: