Aqara no neutral single switch (WS-USC01) becomes unresponsive a few hours after pairing

I have several new WS-USC01 (aqara no neutral single switch US) units in my house that are becoming unresponsive a few hours after pairing. They don’t show as being “unavailable” in zha, they just don’t respond to commands and eventually get a timeout error. If I manually click the switch and change the state HA will eventually show the updated state after 30 minutes to a couple hours. To get them functional again I have to put them into pairing mode and add them in zha. I have at least a dozen other zigbee devices (sonoff and Tuya) that have absolutely no issues. The sonoff switches I have are routers also and it is a small space so signal is good where the aqara switches are located.

Using Raspberry Pi 4 with Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 usb dongle plus (firmware is up to date)

What I have tried so far:
Changing the Zigbee channel
Updated dongle firmware
Rebooting of Raspberry Pi
Power cycling the aqara switch
Completely removing from zha and adding back.

I think this is going to be an issue with the switch rather than the network - don’t give yourself a lot of grief with changing channels etc.

A couple of thoughts:

Since these are no neutral switches they are presumably not routers. Have you tried pairing them through different nearby routers as well as through the coordinator? Some Aqara devices are known to “stick” to their original parent instead of re-evaluating the connection periodically as they are supposed to, then if the parent becomes busy or has some connection problem they don’t respond. A different parent might help.

This may not be relevant, but some old Philips devices have trouble re-connecting after leaving the network because they present themselves as new devices which the network does not recognise. There is a generic fix for this here which ought to work for other brands as well.

You are correct that they do not act as routers. I have also tried connecting them through a sonoff outlet/router but same thing happens. I have been trying the link you sent and it seems to have improved the uptime by a couple days but they all still went offline one by one. Based on some threads online it may be that the firmware needs updating but sadly for me that required the Aqara hub to do the updates. I ordered a hub and will update the firmware to test the direct zigbee communication again and if it doesn’t work I guess ill just return the lot. Thanks for the help.