Aqara P1 Motion Sensor

I’ve tested the range with the sensor on a flat surface, lower chest level. Standing directly in front of it, only got up to 2 meters, after which no detection, no matter the sensitivity or resets (including battery changes and adding/removing from HA).

The MS-S02 does give a me a temp reading in ZHA.

Ok, so I guess it depends on the integration : Deconz is known as not exposing as much info as ZHA or Zigbee2MQTT :expressionless:

Nevermind, I had a brainfart. I also installed a water leak sensor from aqara and that one has the temp reading. The P1 does not have it.

1 Like

These are mine. The data is the same as on your package.

2 Likes

I’m also facing difficulties to save its configuration for Detection time, LCD trigger indicator and Motion sensitivity. It worked once after the first pair but then it seems that changing the settings will cause them to revert to previous ones after some seconds. My P1 is the updated version bought directly from Aqara (amazon.de). Using in it under HA 2023.2.0b4 with Conbee II (latest stable firmware).
On the other hand, detection works just fine and impressively good as it detects motion in a 170+ degrees horizontally using Medium Motion sensitivity.
Finally, even if a Ikea Tradfri router is just under it, it likes best to connect directly to the Conbee II, which is far away.

Did you press the button on the P1 after changing the configuration?
If not it will be ignored. Changes must be confirmed by pressing the button.

1 Like

You guys are further along then me. I have been trying to get my unit to connect and just can’t seem to fin the issue. I have both the original and the P1 and neither will connect to be conbee 2 stick

Do you have any other Aqara products paired with your Conbee stick ?
Have you checked/replaced the batteries ? (this would be quite a coincidence for both sensors but, hey, you never know)

So I have since been able to connect the new unit just last night when out and purchased a 2m usb extension. That made all the difference. But the other issue was that I had to use ZHA and not deCONZ. With deCONZ the Conbee II stick is intermittent with connectivity. When I just used ZHA everything has been staying connected just fine. So now there is the P1 Motion sensor and a leak detector.

Hello.

I’ve been reading documentation about the aqara P1 device for days. I have the lumi.ac02

When the occupancy sensor detects people, it is 10 minutes waiting until there are no people to get “off”.

This value, Can it be changed?

I have seen that the occupancy_timeout property exists but that apparently it is only available from z2mqtt. Where or how can we push for it to appear in ZHA?

Thanks.

Anyone have any issues with the P1 working with the SkyConnect? I get the unit to pair, but no detection after that. Battery is also at unknown. In a few hours, it would loose connection and become unknown entirely. I have to then re-pair, but still no detection and battery %. Thoughts?

So for all these posts…what are people using for motion sensors that just work?

2 Likes

For me it didn’t work. I had to remove the batteries, press and hold the button a bunch of times, delete the device from Home Assistant, then reinsert the batteries and pair again.

Hello everybody,
First of all, im a real NEWBY in this section. So please don’t hesitate to correct me if necessary. I have the following problem: I have bought an Aqara Hub M2 and many Aqara Sensors. At home I do have a few HomePods Minis. I also have a Synology NAS DS923+ where Docker runs a Homeassistant container with the home automation system. Until here all good. Now the problem: I want to connect my Aqara Sensors to Homeassistant. I recently read that the easiest way to post the sensors to HA is to use the HomeKit Controller Integration. Well that went good and was very easy. Now to the sensors: I have bought some Aqara P1 Sensors and the do have a lux sensor (light). But it is impossible to post via HomeKit Controller Integration in HA these values. What am I doing wrong?
Is there any other possibility to connect the whole Aqara M2 Hub to my NAS (Docker Container with HA) where I can get every setting possible (like the lux sensor value or the sensitivity setting for the sensor)? I do also want to purchase in the next month some Aqara FP2 (presence sensor) which do have many features paired with the Aqara App). So it would be nice to have a constellation where the Aqara App also “sees” everything from my devices.

TL;DR
Is there any possibility to connect the Aqara Hub M2 (or the sensor P1 directly) with my HA running on Docker Container (on NAS) with every paired sensor (i.e. Aqara P1 or Aqara FP2, vibration, etc.) with the following two requirements: 1) The Aqara App should be usable also after posting sensors to HA
2) I want to see every sensor possible (i.e. light in P1) and settings of sensors (i.e. sensitivity of P1) in HA.

Thank you very much in advance,
Jaime

You can change the timeout setting but you have to hit the button on the side before changing it in HA settings.

Thanks! I will try. How can I see Light sensors for example on HA?

I should’ve read this thread before ordering 10 of these from Aliexpress.
Only 2 out of 10 reports real-time updates and the rest either don’t ping the controller after a while or have ridiculously short range (1cm - 30cm).
Fucking hell.

I’m surprised there are so many problems being reported with this product when Aqara usually releases quality products :frowning_face:
I’m glad I’ve only bought one unit because I’m a little disappointed by the range as well…
(it triggers fast the way I’ve positioned it though)

At least yours triggers. I’ve tried every fix imaginable, but mine just sits there telling me “1 Lux” and “Closed”.

I’m in the same boat at the moment with the P1 let me know if you figure it out