Aqara P1 MS-S02

Has anyone heard anything about availability of the above sensor from Aqara? I know they have gained a Declaration of Conformity for both the EU and the UK, back in January this year, but I still can’t find one anywhere, even on AliExpress. I emailed Aqara, but so far they have not responded to enquiries.

I’m particularly interested in this for use with ZHA because of the adjustable blind time and adjustable sensitivity, with the former being adjustable between 1 and 200 seconds. And the good thing is, with two batteries, a shorter blind time shoud still result in decent battery life.

P1 MS-S02 Sensor

1 Like

Hah! After posting this I actually got a reply from Aqara, although they might as well not have bothered, since it said “I do not have a specific date when the P1 Motion Sensor will be released in the UK”. And then said “check our Facebook page” :rofl:

1 Like

Aqara P1 MS-202 motion sensor, with configurable detection timeout from 1 to 200 seconds, is now available for order from SmarterHOME (although to import into UK costs more in postage than the actual device), and will be available from Domadoo in France from 11 April (and is available at reduced price for pre-order). Sadly, because the UK took the decision to leave the EU it looks like Domadoo don’t deliver to the UK either.

Hopefully though, the fact it’s available in Slovakia, Belgium, and will shortly be available in France, means it will be available in rest of Europe and UK, via the Aqara Amazon stores soon.

Aqara P1 MS-S02

Thanks for keeping us updated. I noticed it’s a lot more expensive than the old/current ones. For that price still a nice sensor if it works as advertised.

At €25 it actually works out about £20.93 after conversion, and the previous sensor is normally around £20 here in the UK, so considering the double battery life and the configurable detection timeout of the new model, that’s pretty decent I think.

Now available on Amazon (with a 4-6 week delivery window :unamused:) for £30.18 :flushed:.

Oddly, still no sign of them on AliExpress.

1 Like

I just got mine in the mail! Haven’t set it up yet, but I’ll try to report back here once I do. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve added a fair bit onto the price, but that’s probably because they’ve said free shipping but they’ve just added the shipping cost onto the price. Should hopefully be available from Aqara UK Amazon store, rather than Amazon EU, soon.

Weird it’s available in the EU before China though.

My question would be if you set it up directly linked to HA via ZHA will it still have a configurable timeout, or is that going to be restricted to Aqara hub…

That’s what I was wondering too. So here was my shirt experience so far:

I’m on ZHA and the pairing took slightly longer than I’m used to. Not more than a min or two but I feel like things usually pair nearly instantly. The device only set up the “identify” (which never works for me) and battery entities. The battery is reporting as unknown. Other than that nothing working.

However, I started to do a little research and there was some recent discussion on another forum (I think relating to mqtt) and it seemed like someone was able to even get the timeout set. I’m away from my computer at the moment so I don’t have the link but from what I saw I’m optimistic. This might get me to switch to zigbee2mqtt finally (I just started on HA kinda recently and it seemed more advanced)

Will update more once I get back to it tomorrow.

That’s a little disappointing. Cheers for the report though.

I got one too, just tried my first steps with it.
It is paired without problem with zha, but has only three sensors (power, lqi and rssi) but no motion sensor :joy:
I’m on ZHA with the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Dongle with Koenkk’s Firmware (20211217, maybe that’s the reason, there is another 2022er release), anyone got it working already?

It probably needs a new quirk.

Best to open a request on github. Issues · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub

The devs are quick to respond there.

Done, let’s see where we go

[Device Support Request] Aqara Motion Sensor P1 (lumi.motion.ac02)

The annoying thing is that it’s a 3.0 product, and they were meant to be conforming to the Zigbee standard properly. Guess they haven’t done so after all. Not having the configurable timeout in HA was bad enough, but not actually having the motion sensor show up is just silly!

1 Like

Hey just got a few of these motion sensors but I haven’t touched them as it seems that they’re working on implementing this in ZHA.

Short of switching to Z2M, anybody know how long it takes the awesome developers to implement new products?

I think i will not be long, they are approaching the goal

https://github.com/zigpy/zha-device-handlers/issues/1498

1 Like

Has anyone heard the status of this fix, i.e. when it might be released?

Follow the github issue linked above for the most up to date status.

1 Like

if one wants to install the quirk for this device, how do you actually do this?

and once its officially realeased, how do you remove it?

thanks

EDIT: Ok I follwed these steps to use custom quirks:

1. Create a custom quirk dir in HA, e.g., /config/custom_zha_quirks
  2. In configuration.yaml, point to this directory:
zha:
  custom_quirks_path: /config/custom_zha_quirks/
  1. in this directory, create the python file with content of the quirk

now, which files to I place in the folder?