Aqara P1 MS-S02

@oneiropagides after you change your settings on your computer immediately press the button on the back of the device so that it wakes up. This will allow you to change the settings.

3 Likes

Thanks so much, @Anto79-ops

I had to press the button repeatedly before & after the changes but they held in the end! Thanks so much for the advice! My motion sensors work great now! :pray:

I don’t see these configuration options in ZHA.
Should I remove and re-add it or are you not using ZHA?

They are entities you should be able to see in the overall DEVICE page.
This only started working with the June update of Home Assistant.
So, perhaps, if you have a quirk installed from before that, then it does not see them (not sure).

1 Like

As you can see I don’t even get Configuration. Tried Reconfigure Device to no avail and just updated to 2022.6.2

For those having the same issue as I did, removing and adding the device seems to have solved the problem. However now I’m missing LUX :slight_smile:
Thanks to everybody for your help.

1 Like

Hello,

I have 2 of these devices and they do not show the same information. One device (the first one that I bought show the Illuminance and the other does not. Any idea ? The first motion detector was added on v 2022.6 and the last one with the current version 2022.6.3.

Any idea ?

Thanks

The new one:
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 16.36.40

The old one:
Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 16.37.16

I’m seeing the exact same thing. Quirk is the same for both. Furthermore on the recently added one I have configuration options that are not available on the one I originally added:
aqari

I also have two of these sensors. I had installed them under a previous version back in May. They looked like your old sensor, but did not give me the configuration settings. I removed the sensors and re-added using v2022.06.04 and it looks like your new one. I got the configuration, but lost the illuminance. Hopefully we get lux back as they continue to work on it.

1 Like

Same here, just installed and all works well excpet no Lux which is kinda important when triggering lights.

I just installed v2022.06.05 last night and lux is back. All is good now. Give it a try.

I just installed 2022.6.5 and installed the P1, and there’s no Lux. Doesn’t bother me particularly though, as I only need the motion detection.

Also, the detection range, even on high, seems to be about 5.5 feet, which can’t be right. The Hive sensor it replaced could detect me at 12 feet! At that range it would only detect me when I’m already half way down the hall. The sensor is set about 7.5 feet off the ground, in the same position as the Hive sensor was.

I connected this sensor to my HA (v202.6.1) yesterday, and had no lux measurement. I updated to HA 2022.6.6 and HA OS 8.2 overnight, and when I checked back today, the Lux measurement was working.

However, I reset the device and after re-pairing, lux is gone again. :sweat_smile:

I will leave it overnight and hope it magically re-appears again. Or could it be that it is somehow related to the updating proces? (as @larryo108 also mentioned it worked again after updating to 2022.6.5, whil @Cod has isntalled it under the 2022.6.5 and it did not work). This does not make a lot of sens to me, but you never know.

So this might be the solution: after a normal restart (‘Developer tools’, YAML tab, ‘Restart’) the lux is back :slight_smile:

I just checked, and the lux has appeared in the sensors. 2022.6.6 and OS 8.2.

Hasn’t improved the detection range any though. Looks like I’m going to need one at each end of a 14 for long hallway.

So after a restart, my lux settings appeared as well. 2022.6.4 Wonder if there’s a bug or are updates pushed out of band?

I find that the lux measurements takes a maybe 5 minutes to appear after new pairing.

I had a question for some of you, how is your battery life so far? I have 4 and it seems that the one that is heavily used battery is already down to 94% using the default settings in ZHA/HA

Does anybody know how the default settings in HA/ZHA compares to Aqara’s and their 5 year battery life claim settings?

Battery on both of mine is still at 100%. Both in hallway with lot of foot traffic, cooldown period of 10 seconds on both sensors

In my experience, it’s not unusual with Aqara(and others) to see a relatively quick drop off in battery level and then things level off to a trickle.

I don’t get upset about battery readings in the first few days of any new device. Going from 100% to 94% or even 60% in a few days is probably more a sympton of the battery itself, not the device.

1 Like

So I have the P1 version and the non P1 version of this sensor.
Lux for the P1 came for me just like others after a restart for some reason.
Changing settings for the P1 in the configuration section like interval and sensitivity worked for me after pressing the button on the device a few times as others have reported above.
What I’m still missing is the temperature on the P1. Does anyone have that? My non P1 version has the temperature (but as expected none of the configuration options).

Also both of them show ‘Occupancy’ for me and I was wondering if anyone knows what that entails? I haven’t created an automation based on that yet. But I did notice that both, occupancy and motion trigger at the same time, but that occupancy stays on Detected much longer than motion. Motion changes to Clear after the cool down, but occupancy changes only way later. Without anyone in the room. Does anyone know what the occupancy sensor is useful for?