Aqara roller shutter - ZigBee - ZHA status problem

I‘m using a ZigStar CC2652P coordinator together with Zigbee2MQTT 1.24.0-1 on Home Assistant OS and HA Version 2022.3.2
Controlling (among many other devices) 5 Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1 without any issues.

Hi

Using ZHA and not getting any feed back from the Aqara Blind E1 device sadly. :frowning:

To get by I’m using the following if it helps anyone…

I have created a ‘input_number’ entity (Blind Slider) mainly to remember when last change was done (analog number Aqara entity always defaults to ‘0.0’) and easy change of the blind in the UI.
Only open/close and state changes via HA work.

- platform: template
    covers:
      lounge_blind_cntrl:
        device_class: blind
        friendly_name: "lounge Blind CNTRL"
        position_template: "{{ states('input_number.lounge_blind_slider') }}"
        open_cover:
            service: input_number.set_value
            target:
              entity_id: input_number.lounge_blind_slider
            data:
              value: 100
        close_cover:
            target:
            data:
              value: 0
        set_cover_position:
            target:
            data_template:
              value: "{{ position }}"
        icon_template: >-
          {% if states('input_number.lounge_blind_slider')|float > 0 %}
            mdi:blinds-open
          {% else %}
            mdi:blinds
          {% endif %}

Lovelace…

Screenshot at 2022-03-07 19-43-27

Does the job for now until a fix. Automatons are action-ed using the ‘input_number’ only (Blind Slider).

Blind slider - Analog number Automation…

alias: (Lounge) Blind slider cntrl
description: ''
trigger:
  - platform: state
condition: []
action:
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 3
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: number.set_value
    data:
      entity_id: number.lounge_blind_analog_output
      value: '{{ (states.input_number.lounge_blind_slider.state | int ) }}'
mode: single

does not work
status is not updated

im about to swap to z2m, to try and get this working. I have a conbee II.

Just wondering those who cant get it working, have you updated your firmwares to the latest for the stick?

As per this.

https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/devices/ZNJLBL01LM.html

@edwardtich, Status won’t update if using up/down buttons on device, you have to control entirely using HA.

@Sjeffrey, interesting about the firmware upgrade, Thanks.
I’ll fire up Deconz later to see if there is a Update to pull down for my Conbee 2 stick.
No way I’m switching to Z2M, I have 90 devices connected on ZHA network alone!

Looking into compatibility with ZHA, I doubt firmware changing will make any difference.
According to this reliable compatibility list, the Aqara roller driver E1 is NOT down as ‘Confirmed working’.

Hi all,

I’m looking at getting one of these and when I look at the compatibility link it says it’s confirmed working. Is that correct?

I’m using the Sonoff 3.0 plus with the 20211217 firmware and ZHA.

Hi @330chauf,

Yes it appears it has now changed to compatible for ZHA.
I haven’t updated to the latest Core yet, when I do and a possible reconnect of device, Ill post here my findings.

Thanks for letting us know!

@TeaMan :+1:

Still no joy for me after Core upgrade and reconnection of the Aqara device. :frowning:

Still only controllable using the numerical ‘Analog output’ method and still no feedback to HA if someone controls blind via device buttons.

You may get a better experience using your Sonoff setup.

What Im seeing…

@TeaMan

Sorry to hear that.
I Haven’t bought one yet and I’m trying to sort out if it’s worth doing so.
You mention you are using ZHA and Deconz.

Here is the thing I was using ZHA with the CC2531 as mentioned and I had bought two HUE outside sensors. That would work for a few days sometimes hours and then drop off. I was right at the max of the CC2531 capacity and after changing to the Sonoff they have been working flawlessly. And it could be me but it seems that the rest of my Zigbee network is also more stable. (I hope this doesnt jinx it ;-))

Anyway point is would it be an option for testing purposes to remove lets say 5 of your nighty devices to see if that makes a difference?

just an idea?

The main thing is it works as long as its automated or controlled via HA :slight_smile:, so in a way it is compatible as long as you tell the family not to press buttons on the Aqara!

I have an Hue outside sensor and is solid for me using the Conbee stick.
I tried a cc2531 stick way back and had troubles instantly - sent it straight back.

Try the Aqara roller driver, if it doesnt work the way you want it send it back.
It is a solid and well made device but luckily I have no need to buy more because I have only one roller blind to automate.

This is the first covering device Im using on my Zigbee network so more likely its a firmware change needed on my Conbee, looking at the Deconz platform it did seem up to date, however Im not 100% sure im looking or comparing the right firmware descriptions…(not much technical understanding on the Zigbee side sadly)

If you go for it, Ill be interested on what you see. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I find something like that in Internet.
Aqara Roller Shade Drive e1 - FIX STATUS
It works like a charm.