Aqara roller shutter - ZigBee - ZHA status problem

Hello everyone!

I bought Aqara Roller Shutter - Model: RSD-M01 - Roller Shade Driver E1 - I added it without any problems using ConBee 2 - deCONZ - with ZHA integration. It is my second one product of this type, first one working without any problems.

My problem is - my cover appear as “OPEN”. It is open, so everything is ok - I click to set “close” state - state changing to “CLOSING” but it stuck at this state. State dont refresh after cover is closed. If I click on “STOP” button - state changing to “OPEN” - even if it is already CLOSED. It seems device don’t update any states.

My problem is same as in this video: - (timestamp ~11:30) NEW Aqara Blind Driver Unbox + Setup in Home Assistant without a hub! - YouTube

In Zigbee2MQTT as I see you can “refresh” device state, but on ZHA I don’t know how to do this, and whether it is possible at all.

Furthermore - I can’t see battery state :frowning:

1 Like

I have this issue as well. Any news?

Create a template sensor like so

cover
  - platform: template
    covers:
      front_blind:
        device_class: blind
        friendly_name: "Front Blind"
        value_template: "{{ states.number.lumi_lumi_curtain_acn002_cc122e00_analog_output.state |float > 0 }}"
        open_cover:
          service: cover.open_cover
          entity_id: cover.lumi_lumi_curtain_acn002_cc122e00_window_covering
        close_cover:
          service: cover.close_cover
        stop_cover:
          service: cover.stop_cover
        position_template: "{{  states.number.lumi_lumi_curtain_acn002_cc122e00_analog_output.state }}"
        set_cover_position:
          service: cover.set_cover_position
          data_template:
            position: "{{ 100 - position }}"

im having the exact same issue. is there any way of ZHA refreshing the stat of the blind?

i guess the issue is that the aqara doesnt just send an update when it moves, which would be the ideal.

not sure what to do, other then swapping to Zigbee2mqtt, to allow the refresh.

Hi. I’m also using ZHA and having similar issues. Any resolutions to the problems mentioned above would be massively appreciated!

Hi,
I tried your solution but got this error message “The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [sensor.template]: [covers] is an invalid option for [sensor.template]. Check: sensor.template->covers. (See ?, line ?).”

This template sensor is work for you?

1 Like

Hello,

there is missing colon after cover in example

cover:
    covers:
      front_blind:

and you have also to modify correctly name of entities to match name of your blinds. Still I have the problem, that cover_position (taken from
states.number.lumi_lumi_curtain_acn002_analog_output.state) is not updated :frowning:

Jarda

Hi, you can use zha_custom to read attributes or configure reporting on the device (when supported for the values).

Any news on the battery state? This is neither reported in Z2M nor ZHA…

Still have problems with Aquara roller shutter :frowning:
I must buy more motors for rollers, so I must choose AM43 which are less problematic

So I have also purchased this blind motor but not only do I have the refresh problem but sending the raise lower commands do nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?

So not sure if this will help anyone else and I am not very good with Home Assistant either so I have likely not done this the best way or used the best methods.

I have created toggle input helper (input_boolean_blinds) and created the following automation which is triggered by it. This got around my issue in my previous post in this thread. But by all means if I have made a pigs dinner of this please feel free to say!

alias: Blinds Toggle
description: Toggles the blinds
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.blinds
    to: 'on'
  - platform: state
    to: 'off'
condition: []
action:
  - choose:
      - conditions:
          - condition: state
            state: 'on'
        sequence:
          - device_id: f41987cce22b52cf3fc1d600afc47e54
            domain: number
            entity_id: number.lumi_lumi_curtain_acn002_analog_output
            type: set_value
            value: 100
      - conditions:
          - condition: state
            state: 'off'
        sequence:
          - device_id: f41987cce22b52cf3fc1d600afc47e54
            domain: number
            entity_id: number.lumi_lumi_curtain_acn002_analog_output
            type: set_value
            value: 0
    default: []
mode: single

Hoping if others stumble on this post this little entry helps.

Thank you.

Here’s my templated cover. Note that the open, close, and stop do not work, but at least I can now use the custom:slider-entity-row to see and change the shade position:

covers:
     kitchen_shade_t:
        device_class: blind
        friendly_name: "Kitchen Shade (t)"
        value_template: "{{ states.number.kitchen_shade_open.state |float > 0 }}"
        open_cover:
          service: cover.open_cover
          entity_id: cover.kitchen_shade_cover
        close_cover:
          service: cover.close_cover
        stop_cover:
          service: cover.stop_cover
        position_template: "{{  states.number.kitchen_shade_open.state }}"
        set_cover_position:
          service: number.set_value
          target:
              entity_id: number.kitchen_shade_open
          data_template:
            value: "{{ position }}"

The main change I made from above is to use number.set_value for the set_cover_position service.

I am not sure if this is related to ZHA, but calling service set position, or open does not fully open the blinds, they move maybe like 10%. It takes 2-3 attempts to get them to 50%, then 1 attempt to 100%.

Anyone else with the same experience and workaround?

Recalibrate the device (reset position and set again). Setting position actuallly working well (like in other roller shade drivers)

I had to add the device in ZHA again. Did not need to reset positions etc. Had some trouble getting it to pair the first time for unknown reasons.

I’ve done everything
does not work

In Z2M it works incl. the battery state since one of the last Z2M updates! :+1:

Current version: 1.24.0-1
does not work

Does it work with Phoscon/Deconz?