Aqara sensors keep disconnecting

After using my sensors for over a year for some reason the aquara sensors keep losing connection. I’ve tried multiple battery swaps and also removing them from ZHA and adding them again. But all disconnect again after a couple of days. This goes for motion-, temp-, door-sensors and also the aquara buttons.

I use a sonoff zigbee 3.0 stick and there are multiple routers in my network. But even the sensors that are just meters away from the router disconnect.

Any tips are more then welcome.

Assuming you did all the obvious things, such as an usb extension cord, check if wifi channels overlap with Zigbee (new routers or automatic channel changes, neighbors, … can all change): I added a setting to zha that seems to have eliminated all my problems. It does lower security somewhat though:

zha:
  zigpy_config:
    ezsp_policies:
      TRUST_CENTER_POLICY: 0x0002 # ALLOW_UNSECURED_REJOINS

Well I did check the 2.4 wifi settings of my router. Unfortunately the tp-link x20’s I have don’t allow for manual channel switching in their settings. They do offer a smart option that scans available networks and sets the “best” possible channel.

I’ll give the security setting a try, thanks for the tip.

Hey Edwin, no luck so far. Within a couple of days the sensors I reconnected went offline again.

Any other tips are more then welcome.

Aqara’s and Xiaomi’s Zigbee devices are infamous for having problems pairing & and keeping them connected regardless of which Zigbee Gateway you are using, see reference → Xiaomi & Aqara Devices - Pairing & Keeping them connected - Devices - Hubitat

Before troubleshooting any further you must make sure to avoid EMI interference and also add enough Zigbee Router devices to get good coverage and range. Start by reading and try following all the best practice tips in this guide → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference + optimize using Zigbee Router devices (repeaters/extenders) to get a stable mesh network with best possible range and coverage

Those problems often gets resolved by first adding a long USB extension cable for the Zigbee Coordonation as well many more “known good” Zigbee Router devices and then after that re-pairing the Aqara/Xiaomi’s Zigbee devices again.

Usb extention cable is present. Also multiple routers. But even the sensors that are only 1 or 2 meter away from the router suffer this issue. Routers are also from different brands so that also can’t be the cause.

Everything has functioned well for 1.5 to 2 years before this issue started.